What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah or Buderus?

Farah or Buderus

• Total voters

Eddie.

Bench
Finally a poster who has not trotted out the old cliches or done a very generalised look at things.

Interesting thoughts Strewth, well written.

strewth_mate

Bench
but consistency are how players are judged.

Bearing in mind though that consistency is a loaded term to some. 'Consistency' when applied to the Buderus/Farah debate can suggest complacency on the behalf of Buderus, having been good for a long time, while someone like Farah has come along operating at a higher level in some regards, which may be better than just consistency.

'Consistency' can also equate to 'boring' for some, like saying "he's never had a bad game" can be looked at like "he's never had a standout game". Personally I think it's a sign of the quality of Buderus that he's always been a great player, and it can be argued that he is getting better, but if this debate is about a snapshot of the present then 'consistency' unfortunately comes across as more of a consolation. It's a good topic though (and btw Saab I'm not having a go)

Eddie.

Bench
strewth_mate said:
Bearing in mind though that consistency is a loaded term to some. 'Consistency' when applied to the Buderus/Farah debate can suggest complacency on the behalf of Buderus, having been good for a long time, while someone like Farah has come along operating at a higher level in some regards, which may be better than just consistency.

'Consistency' can also equate to 'boring' for some, like saying "he's never had a bad game" can be looked at like "he's never had a standout game". Personally I think it's a sign of the quality of Buderus that he's always been a great player, and it can be argued that he is getting better, but if this debate is about a snapshot of the present then 'consistency' unfortunately comes across as more of a consolation. It's a good topic though (and btw Saab I'm not having a go)

Well said.

Ferocious Dogs

Juniors
I went Buderis. As I said in the other thread Farah is about 3 years away from overtaking Buderus. 1 good season doesnt mean you overtake one of the best hookers of all time. Buderus is just under Elias and Walters.

albi

Juniors
Farrah is a quality Hooker, and I think has a VERY big future. Could be a shock selection, however, Buderus is a quality sportsman and will probably get the nod.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Depends what the question is asking. Farah or Buderus? ...what for? for my club? whos the better player currently? who should be in the test team?

i will answer when the question is verified, thats why i think theres alot of confusion in the thread.

albi

Juniors
InLuVaNdLuVinIt said:
Depends what the question is asking. Farah or Buderus? ...what for? for my club? whos the better player currently? who should be in the test team?

i will answer when the question is verified, thats why i think theres alot of confusion in the thread.

Jeez, if I get to choose for the Raiders, I'll take Farrah thanks:D

macavity

Referee
by the sounds of it, Farah should take over the #7 for the tiges when Prince leaves... if he really has all these qualities (ie long kicking) the tiges fans are saying he has, then why the hell not?? he is certainly a better option than chasing Kidley for the 7... hahahahaha

Bedsy is the best hooker ive ever seen.

Farah is a gun hooker too - alongside Priddis and Smith a little way behind Buderus.

brook

First Grade
macavity said:
by the sounds of it, Farah should take over the #7 for the tiges when Prince leaves... if he really has all these qualities (ie long kicking) the tiges fans are saying he has, then why the hell not?? he is certainly a better option than chasing Kidley for the 7... hahahahaha

Bedsy is the best hooker ive ever seen.

Farah is a gun hooker too - alongside Priddis and Smith a little way behind Buderus.

Its a possibility thats been brought up before (Farah in the halves) and he did play a bit of 5/8th in the lower grades. At the end of the day though theres no point weakening one position to make up for a shortfall in another. Even if we end up with a second rate halfback for one year thats the most it'll be 'cause we have some excellent prospects in the halves already in the club (I'm of the view that Caldwell at least will be ok for next year but certainly no later than 2008).

lockyno1

Post Whore
Another ridiculous Tiger post. Buderus has played 6 years for Australia/NSW and has really hardly been under any pressure to not be selected! Compared to Farah who has been ok but has played less than 50 games. Stupid thread. Answer buderus by the length of the hume highway! Even then I rate Smith well in front of Farah anyway. Farah is on par with Aaron Payne from the Cowboys in equal 3rd in my books.

Kiwi

First Grade
Farah

Buderus goes missing along with the rest of the Knights minus Johns.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Kiwi said:
Farah

Buderus goes missing along with the rest of the Knights minus Johns.

He went ok on saturday and picked up a Dally M point even though his side lost 52-6! Buderus is the best hooker by a country mile!

Roy

Juniors
I think all the people in the thread that say farrah has a better kicking game an sets up more try’s need to relize who bederus has in his team JOHNS.

There is no need for buderus to kick when joey is in the side, as for his try assists the same applies. He actually sets up a lot more than people give him credit for, half the time he will use johns as a decoy.

However 2004 when joey did his knee an only played 3 games buderus did start kicking from dummy half an set up a lot more try’s as he didn’t have joey there. He showed his real class even without johns there, I don’t think many players have won a dally M with there team not even making the semis.

Then there is the defensive side witch buderus has farrah covered by a country mile.

Farrah will be a great hooker an may one day be better then bedsy but right now he has had 1 good year, an is a player with a lot of ability lets see if he can consistently put in on the park for 3-4 years.

Besdy gets my vote by a long way

aqua_duck

Coach
I think people are missing the point here. People are playing hypotheticals and saying what Farah can do that Buderus can't etc. I look at it from a consistency point of view and what each player has done in the past. If you want to look at it in a way where we pick each player apart and assess their individual strengths and weakness and ignore consistency then Owen Craigie would've been one of the best players in the game.