What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah's anger

Raider_69

Post Whore
I said it at the time Ennis went hiding, but say what you will about Farah game but when its time to throw the fists, he's as game as any hooker in the comp. He might throw handbags but he'll throw em

RHCP

Bench
I said it at the time Ennis went hiding, but say what you will about Farah game but when its time to throw the fists, he's as game as any hooker in the comp. He might throw handbags but he'll throw em
It's Rugby League not boxing. Who cares if they're super agressive or like to brawl, look where that got us this year with O'Donnell, Tahu and Ennis.

Good players > good fighters

fourplay

Juniors
Farah should have been the blues hooker from 2006 after he won the premiership with the Tigers and went within a point of winning the Dally M.

Farah should have been the blues hooker from 2006 after he won the premiership with the Tigers and went within a point of winning the Dally M.

Farahs form in 2007 and 2008 was as good as any player I have seen. He should have been selected then and he would be well established in the side now (maybe even captain).

Burderus was a great player but NSW could have used Farah off the bench since the utility player usually plays mostly at hooker. That is what Queensland would have done in the same situation.

When Farah got his change he played ok in game 1. That ball to set up Hayne's run down the side-line (still don't think he went into touch) is a fantastic piece of skill and vision. Dare I say it Ennis could never make that play, he doesn't have the skills.

His game in game 2 was the worst I have ever seen him play. He should never have played busted and deserved to be dropped.

Ennis that replaced him had crap games 1 and 2 this year and should have been dropped for game 3. In game 3 Ennis did one kick for a try (only good thing he has done in origin) and gave away a penalty at a crucial time. NSW looked better the whole series when Ennis was on the sidelines. Unless Daley gets the coaching gig I am sure Ennis will be stamped never to play origin again.

Farah is still young enough to be there for the next 5 years. He is tough enough and in the moments that count he takes the right options. Our last 2 games against the Broncos and Titans, Farah has won us the game by making the play when it matters.

I am sure that the next coach and selection panel will not be crazy enough to overlook Farah again.

Farah should've been on the bench in 07/08. He was the best hooker in the comp at that stage, level with Smith. If Farah had played from then till now and was firmly entrenched in origin as he should've been, it would've been a much different story.

Also, I can only imagine that if Farah and Ennis had their roles reversed, Ennis would be out slobbering over every media personalities c**k and declaring Farah was the worst hooker, he was the best so on, so on like at the backend of 08.

Direct

Juniors
That's not the question you asked. You initially asked who was the last person to lead NSW to a series victory, not who captained NSW to their last series win. Danny Buderus may have had a little "c" next to his name on the NSW team sheet during 2005, but there was no doubt that it was Andrew Johns who completely dominated the 2005 series, leading NSW to victory in games 2 and 3 to seal the series.

If you really think that it was Danny Buderus who was responsible for leading NSW to victory in 2005, how do you explain his record as captain without Andrew Johns? You know the three straight series defeats at the hands of Queensland that Vic mentioned earlier?

It's great to see you supporting Kurt in assuming the mantle of Buderus. That just what NSW needs, another Novocastrian hooker captaining NSW to another three Origin series' defeats.

dinko

Juniors
farah > day light > light years > bedsy

bedsy was the most one-dimensional hooker in rugby league history.

This is exactly the reason why we will never win another series for another 10 or so years, every fan wants a player from their club to play for nsw not because they are the best. Our selectors on the other hand are a different story all together, bloody numpties. Club hate aside i would most certainly barrack for Farah to captain this team for the next 8 or so years. The guy is a world class talent throw in wallace and campo in the halves hayne at fullback and were back in it mate.

farah > day light > light years > bedsy

bedsy was the most one-dimensional hooker in rugby league history.

This is exactly the reason why we will never win another series for another 10 or so years, every fan wants a player from their club to play for nsw not because they are the best. Our selectors on the other hand are a different story all together, bloody numpties. Club hate aside i would most certainly barrack for Farah to captain this team for the next 8 or so years. The guy is a world class talent throw in wallace and campo in the halves hayne at fullback and were back in it mate.

Pearce > Wallace

Other than that I agree.

typicalfan

Coach
haha Robbie Farah isn't even close, please stop embarrassing yourself. Danny Buderus is either 2nd or third depending where you rate Cam Smith. Let me guess you reckon Farah is better than him and boxhead also :lol:

dinko

Juniors
haha Robbie Farah isn't even close, please stop embarrassing yourself. Danny Buderus is either 2nd or third depending where you rate Cam Smith. Let me guess you reckon Farah is better than him and boxhead also :lol:

Explain how Farah isnt better then smiffy ya bloody bleeder:oops:

Farah carried a team that was well and truly under the cap and won a premiership. Farah is possibly the greatest ever attacking hooker to ever grace this wonderful game, Farah has possibly one of the best kicking games i have ever witnessed he also makes 40+ tackles a game. Oh yeh and hes smashed two bleeders in Payne and Friend, smiffy next?:cool:

Smiffy on the other hand is a proven cheat, plays with a team that is well over the cap and he has no premierships to show for it. If that wasnt bad enough his team is sitting dead last on the table with ZERO points:oops::oops:

apples and oranges mate no comparison to be made.

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
Stop embarrassing yourself. Carrying a team including Scott Prince and Benji Marshall, both of whom played better in the Grand Final? And since Scott Prince has left he has carried his team to? How many series? zero. Cam Smith was in an illegal team but is rightfully considered to be in the top 4-5 players in the game. Also owned Robbie Farah in BOTH origin games in 2009.