What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farewell Lance

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Lance stood up when he needed to last night, and credit to him for that. But lets face it, he had all the motivation in the world, he'd been dropped and got a last minute chance due to Locke's problems, and had to play to prove a point. The big question with Lance is can he find the motivation to play like that week in, week out?

Rich102

Staff member
Lance wasn't alone in having a quiet start to the season. The team started as though they were in a dream. Neither Rapira nor Packer were firing.
Lance will be right from now on.

Micistm

Bench
Lance stood up when he needed to last night, and credit to him for that. But lets face it, he had all the motivation in the world, he'd been dropped and got a last minute chance due to Locke's problems, and had to play to prove a point. The big question with Lance is can he find the motivation to play like that week in, week out?

Yep, agreed.

Iafeta

Referee
Lance wasn't alone in having a quiet start to the season. The team started as though they were in a dream. Neither Rapira nor Packer were firing.

Agreed. He certainly wasn't alone.

Lance had a decent year last year. On another forum he got the POTY award in the 3,2,1 voting stakes.

ozbash

Referee

Totally agree, every dog has its off day..

Micistm

Bench
I did catch the end of Sunday Roast before (after Ace of Cakes...I do like that show!), it was nice to see Geyer singing the praises of Lance; the stylish way he took his dumping, the help he'd given Fish getting into the role etc. Geyer said Lance was his close to his fave player for professionalism and attitude. That's cool.

Meth

Staff member
In saying all of this, the main reason why Hohaia was the #1 #1 option was for lack of a better option. The reason we were farewelling Lance was not totally related to his form in 2011 thus far, but also to the glimpses we had got of Fisiiahi at the back.

If Fisiiahi were not injured, I still don't think I would want Hohaia there

shiznit

Coach
he needs to be on the bench anyway... hes the ultimate utility... i can think of only him and Kurt Gidley that can cover all the spine positions as well as centres.

not using him as a hooker as well as cover for all those positions is insane.

he should have been in there for Locke from the start... in the end he was included and sure enough his versatility was needed almost instantly.

Meth

Staff member
Telfer talking on the radio this morning along the lines of 'Fisiiahi is the fullback for the future, but you've got to find a place in the starting 13 for Lance, don't you?'

Alan Mac was suitably non committal

Stick to netball Telf

Micistm

Bench
In saying all of this, the main reason why Hohaia was the #1 #1 option was for lack of a better option. The reason we were farewelling Lance was not totally related to his form in 2011 thus far, but also to the glimpses we had got of Fisiiahi at the back.

If Fisiiahi were not injured, I still don't think I would want Hohaia there

Me either. But I'm pleased he's got his mojo back a bit and I'd welcome him back as the bench utility

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Meth

Staff member
Lance wasn't alone in having a quiet start to the season.

No, he wasn't. The team overall were sub-par. But 3 players were alarmingly off the pace in the first 3 rounds- Heremaia, Seymour and Hohaia. I know we're all sentimental now that Hohaia is gone, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. This year, he has played 4 games- 3 appallingly poor, 1 surprisingly good.