What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farewell Lance

Meth

Staff member
Watched 40/20 and the subject of the poll was 'where is Lance Hohaia's best position'. The 3 options were fullback, hooker or super sub. Fullback was the least preferred, sub the most.

Awen, analyzing the poll, said something like 'they all want Lance in the 17'.

Ummm....no. You didn't provide a 'Vulcans' option

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Will everyone stop bring up Marra.
Lances best position is on the Bench - he's great injury cover.
I would bring him on the bench instead of Taylor

jaseg

Juniors
A wee bit premature imo.

I think it would take injuries to both the Fish and Locke to get him back into fullback, but he's always got a place as the interchange hooker/utility for mine. He's absolute quality at dummy half against tiring legs.

Martli

Coach
We need to give Fish a few more games at FB first I think before we come to any conclusions, but I think this will be a similar situation to the one we had with Wade McKinnon. We had a decent player in Wade who'd performed well for us in previous seasons but was past his peak, and an obvious replacement in Hohaia who we all knew was probably better at Fullback. We didn't really want to drop McKinnon based on his past glory but had to make the tough decision to leave him out of the 17. To be honest I don't think Hohaia is going to be a good bench option. I'd either have him at fullback or not in the 17 at all.

Rich102

Staff member
What about Hohaia at centre? As I recall he played well there until he was required at fullback.

NO more Hohaia Guys - He has done well but he should look at the ESL now
We got more than enough youngsters coming thru it's time to move on

hitman82

Bench
Berrigan was a great buy and has played solidly in each position asked of him thus far.

Fish had a great game on Sunday but is very young and not overly large, and may pick up injury.

Locke has still not played FB in first grade, so we can't guarantee he would be a good cover for Fish.

Heremaia is up and down with his form, and we haven't got much experience in the hooker role. Berrigan can play there but is currently needed as cover for centres and possibly halves at some stage.

I'd like to see Mara in the squad soon. But I don't want us to rely too much on rookie players - they have a habit of being inconsistent and can be more prone to injury.

So I certainly wouldn't be ditching Lance just yet. Provides huge versatility, loads of experience, and is a classy, if out of form, player.

kos

Juniors
Welcome back Lance. That try tonight was the same type he pulled for the Kiwis -people have got short memories.

hitman82

Bench
As I said, Hohaia is too good to leave out of the team long term. He played damn well tonight, and man did we need it.

Meth

Staff member
Don't mind eating my words if those performances keep coming

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Don't mind eating my words if those performances keep coming
absolutely. if he's going to play like that he can stay around, but if he goes back to the dopey, lazy sh*t he was producing earlier this season he can gtfo.

Latest posts