What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fargo (TV Series)

Incorrect

Coach
While watching season 2 of Fargo, I started thinking about something kinda random... With the show being set in the 70's, Hollywood studios or television production companies etc must have shitloads of vehicles stored somewhere for use in footage where they are re-creating past times... I mean, no car manufacturers are going to produce a few dozen old school vehicles at the behest of someone making a TV show... maybe they just use contemporary vehicles and modify the exteriors to make them look like cars from days gone by??

Dogs Of War

Coach
While watching season 2 of Fargo, I started thinking about something kinda random... With the show being set in the 70's, Hollywood studios or television production companies etc must have shitloads of vehicles stored somewhere for use in footage where they are re-creating past times... I mean, no car manufacturers are going to produce a few dozen old school vehicles at the behest of someone making a TV show... maybe they just use contemporary vehicles and modify the exteriors to make them look like cars from days gone by??

Plenty of people hire there vehicles to movies. If they need to blow it up or something, they will get an old clunker and spruce it up so it matches the need.

mackdadday

Juniors
Can't believe it but i think season two somehow surpassed season 1. So happy there is a season three coming in 2017.

T-Boon

Coach
Just finished watching season 2. Awesome show. A heap of No Country for Old Men type scenes (bad guy does surgery on self for example). The cast was brilliant.

Incorrect

Coach
Just finished watching ep 1 of season 3.... This one sneaked up on me, I knew it was airing soon.... Great start to a new series, a lot going on already and it's set up beautifully to evolve from here.

Love this show, easily one of the best TV shows if all time...

elyod138

Bench
Solid first ep. I'm most excited for David Thewlis so far, dude is one of the most underrated actors of all time.

Noah Hawley is a freak, I don't know how he wrote and directed Fargo S3 and Legion S1 at the same time. He's doing the same for the next seasons too.

Incorrect

Coach
One more thing... Loved hearing the name Ehrmantraut in proceedings, all good things should come together...."don't ya know?".... :D

Timbo

Staff member
I am loving season 3. McGregor is fantastic in dual roles and Coon is brilliant as this season's answer to Marge Gunderson.

However, the star is David Thewlis. He has really captured the menace of Billy Bob Thornton from season one.

Just watched episode 4, and here's a thought:

The opening narration sets it up as a re-telling of 'Peter and the Wolf', with the appropriate music cues for each character. If that holds true to the plot, we should know how the season ends:

It means Ray (duck) will be killed by Varga (wolf) after being bullied into going up against him by Nikki (cat), Gloria (Peter) will then use Emmett (bird) to trick Varga into the open, capture him and send him to gaol.

This being Fargo, there will probably be a crazy twist that has nothing to do with any of that. But it'd be cool if that was a little early clue

elyod138

Bench
I am loving season 3. McGregor is fantastic in dual roles and Coon is brilliant as this season's answer to Marge Gunderson.

However, the star is David Thewlis. He has really captured the menace of Billy Bob Thornton from season one.

Just watched episode 4, and here's a thought:

The opening narration sets it up as a re-telling of 'Peter and the Wolf', with the appropriate music cues for each character. If that holds true to the plot, we should know how the season ends:

It means Ray (duck) will be killed by Varga (wolf) after being bullied into going up against him by Nikki (cat), Gloria (Peter) will then use Emmett (bird) to trick Varga into the open, capture him and send him to gaol.

This being Fargo, there will probably be a crazy twist that has nothing to do with any of that. But it'd be cool if that was a little early clue
Haven't watched episode 4 yet, but for more Thewlis brilliance check out Naked.

It's extremely dark and confronting, though full of black humour, Thewlis puts in one of the best performances of all time IMO.

Timbo

Staff member
And it's getting seriously better the longer it goes on.

Just saw an interview with Noah Hawley saying this may be the last season. In addition to discovering that Aziz Ansari had said there may not be a season 3 for Master of None and finding out TJ Miller has been let go from Silicon Valley, this has been a shitty week for me pop-culture wise.

Timbo

Staff member
Anyone else finished season 3?

I can't work out if I loved it or hated it.

Apparently there will be a season 4 but not for 2-4 years.

sandshark

Bench
Late to the party but just finished season one. I really enjoyed it and hoping season two is on the same level.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Finally started series 3, 5 episodes in and once again it's just a brilliant series. Thought the first couple of episodes were a little slow compared with the first 2 series but man I'm completely hooked now.

Ewan Macgregor is very good as the two brothers but David Thewlis is the star of this series.

Absolutely menacing and terrifying in a friendly how you doing sort of way.

mackdadday

Juniors
What an irredeemably shit ending to a great season three. Although i dont think it displayed the realisitic arc of the first two seasons, it was definitely as good as anything else you'll fine on tv.However, I thought that as it is supposed to be a depiction of 'a real case' that it would actually give some closure on the arch villian. Also i dont understand why the deaf guy the lady was in the prison bus with became so inexplicably attached to her then bided his time for like 5 years to avenge her. That said, Cant wait for a fourth season!

Timbo

Staff member
What an irredeemably shit ending to a great season three. Although i dont think it displayed the realisitic arc of the first two seasons, it was definitely as good as anything else you'll fine on tv.However, I thought that as it is supposed to be a depiction of 'a real case' that it would actually give some closure on the arch villian. Also i dont understand why the deaf guy the lady was in the prison bus with became so inexplicably attached to her then bided his time for like 5 years to avenge her. That said, Cant wait for a fourth season!

The five year thing got me too. Maybe Emmet got witness protection as part of his plea deal and was hard to track down?

The ending. Hmmm. The whole series has been about truth and reality. Which is the real truth?

So in a sense, Varga both did and didn't get away with it. It ties up the series fairly well.