What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fat Sandow sent to NSW Cup

Grapple

Bench
Fair enough. Anyone that's not doing their job to the level required - and in his case more than the other players because he's paid more - needs greater incentive to perform, and if they can do it without sacrificing competition points all the better. Good move from Parra.

I noticed during the sharks/parra game he kept getting abuse from someone either a player or trainer every time Wade Graham ran over him... Poor
bloke

I thought I heard someone yell "Get the f**k up Chrissy!" or something similar when he was in the defensive line, like he waited for the tackle. It sounded like Hindmarsh.

Last edited:

azza18

Juniors
Parra have basically picked up from where they left off last year. Sandows form may not be top notch at the moment, but neither is that of 3/4 of the players in the team. I think if kearney wants to drop him, he should drop about 10 or 12 others as well.

Dragon

Coach
If i were a 1st grader, playing park footy while the rest of my mates were on holiday would do f*ck all for my confidence. Ill be surprised if he doesn't go walkabout tbh

Bretto

Bench
I know it's still early in the season, and being fair you could say it'll take time for Sandow to gel with the team.

BUT, it has to be said, if he doesn't perform toward the back end of the season, or at all for that matter, then it surely has to go down as the duddest buy of the last 10 years!

It'd be the equivalent of buying someone like Luke Walsh for $550k!

hellteam

First Grade
Terrible coaching in my opinion. What does he have to gain? Nothing. Certainly has a lot to lose though. Don't think this will end well.

Loudstrat

Coach
So Sandow fires and we are a top 4 side? F*ck there are some idiots on here at times. Roberts has been going great guns, Sandow OK but inconsistent with his attacking flair. But to blame Sandow for our poor form is ridiculous. Our backs leak in defence like the Titanic, our forwards, Mannah and Allgood and to a lesser extent Maitua aside-are hot and cold.

Kearney has already consigned Burt, Horo and Shackleton to Wenty for what reasons I dont fully know. I thought Horo was developing nicely, and despite his age Burt at least had the experience that was missing in a young backline. Then again, there could be unseen problems with these guys. At least Kearney is consistent, but f*ck me if Willie Tonga aint close to a Wenty gig either.

No one has touched on the odds of our next FG side containing 6. Hayne and 7. Roberts?

Either way, Sandow is a scapegoat that I'm not sure he deserves to be.

Bit harsh to single him out.

Sure he's been shit but if other players were stepping up then nothing would be made of it. Willie Tonga has done f**k all, the rest of the backline is inexperienced, the whole forward pack apart from Mannah is average and has no punch or anything and the only player capable of doing enough to turn it around is playing injured.

You know you're going bad when Ben Roberts is your second most dangerous player.

I think there's more to it though. There's a reason Robson looked like the worst player in the league last year and has been doing well at the Sharks this season. f**k knows what it is. The culture? The coach? Idk.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I think he's been singled out moreso for his lack of fitness than being singled out as the only player in poor form.

I'd say if Willie Tonga was not playing his best footy and was visibly overweight and being paid a bloody FORTUNE he'd be running off some of the fat for Wentworthville too.

You want the money Sandow, get into the shape of an elite athlete. If he spits the dummy about it then it says EVERYTHING about the makeup of the bloke.

I say good on Kearney for it. Ultimately it will earn him more respect than it will lose him.

carcharias

Immortal
So Sandow fires and we are a top 4 side? F*ck there are some idiots on here at times. Roberts has been going great guns, Sandow OK but inconsistent with his attacking flair. But to blame Sandow for our poor form is ridiculous. Our backs leak in defence like the Titanic, our forwards, Mannah and Allgood and to a lesser extent Maitua aside-are hot and cold.

Kearney has already consigned Burt, Horo and Shackleton to Wenty for what reasons I dont fully know. I thought Horo was developing nicely, and despite his age Burt at least had the experience that was missing in a young backline. Then again, there could be unseen problems with these guys. At least Kearney is consistent, but f*ck me if Willie Tonga aint close to a Wenty gig either.

No one has touched on the odds of our next FG side containing 6. Hayne and 7. Roberts?

Either way, Sandow is a scapegoat that I'm not sure he deserves to be.

The coach is fugged.

A new one and that team would win heaps

Look at what Kearney did for NZ

Ladmate

Bench
The coach is fugged.

A new one and that team would win heaps

Look at what Kearney did for NZ

If by Kearney, you mean Wayne Bennett, then yes. I think Kearney is a joke BUT if the Eels FO think he is the right man, they have to build a team that fits his strength, a grinding game of football that relies on ruck dominance and controlled half play. He's got none of that now.

hellteam

First Grade
I think he's been singled out moreso for his lack of fitness than being singled out as the only player in poor form.

I'd say if Willie Tonga was not playing his best footy and was visibly overweight and being paid a bloody FORTUNE he'd be running off some of the fat for Wentworthville too.

You want the money Sandow, get into the shape of an elite athlete. If he spits the dummy about it then it says EVERYTHING about the makeup of the bloke.

I say good on Kearney for it. Ultimately it will earn him more respect than it will lose him.

Ahh...

coolumsharkie

Referee
He isn't playing like the half million dollar man that Parra signed him for, was he ever worth that much?

In any case, I'd be sending his entire ass to Reggies as well.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
It is only early days and it would be foolish to write him off - but I will. Nothing against him, but Parramatta are just a totally rubbish rugby league club from top to bottom and things were never going to work out for him there. Hopefully he moves on and recaptures his form and spirit at a club that knows up from down, i.e, anywhere but the Parramatta Eels.