What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faumuina may fly to Sea Eagles

CharlieF

Juniors
From what I have seen of Sione on the field, he is a great player. He can be inconsistent, but the ability is there. He has the potential to be whatever he wants on the football field. Its all up to him. Hopefully for Manly, its his time.

ozbash

Referee
great player with a greater problem.

he gets the problem under control and he will set the world on fire.

good luck john boy.

Disco

Bench
Ill tell you what thou, if Manly sign Sione, we will be an attacking Dynamo

Stewart
Bell
Lyon
Orford
Faumuina
Menzies

are all attacking superstars, and when you add to them

Hicks
Matai
Burns
Watmough
Monaghan
& Dunley

we looks the goods to score sh*tloads of points

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
How could I forget Witt. It might turn out to be a swap. Witt for Faumuina.... Christ, at least Faumuina should be able to serve beer. How can we lose on a deal like that???

Briza

Juniors
IanRitchie said:
We get someone who can kick goals.

You get an unpaid tab at Manly Leagues.

:lol:

Mind you, that's all he can do - Better tell your centres to stand next to the touch judge!

twistedbydesign

Juniors
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Bell is not on $400K. Kite was on a forward loaded contract. Remember we had $1m available under the salary cap prior to privatisation? We used that money to forward date contacts. IE pay more at the start and less at the end...

We have lost (off the top of my head):
BK
Lulu
Alberts
Cleal

We have signed Lyon. And the salary cap has gone up.

Just because Canberra can't get anybody of 'value' doesn't mean other clubs have a salary cap problem. It just means your club sucks.

That must have freed up plenty of cash...

seajay23

Juniors
Manly will probably have spare money once they sack Mattai for his turps related offence.
Surely we have had our fingers burnt too many times with players like Walker and Hoppa.
Once a dickhead, always a dickhead so adopt the Swans policy "no dickheads".

Disco

Bench
seajay23 said:
Manly will probably have spare money once they sack Mattai for his turps related offence.
Surely we have had our fingers burnt too many times with players like Walker and Hoppa.

They wont sack Matai, and if they did, they would be extremelu hypocritical if they signed Faumuina

PS. Alberts was way overpaid 200k, Cleal would have been on about 50k and Lulu 80k

thats 230k

The Teach

Juniors
seajay23 said:

I don't know the full details on Matai's incident, or even that there had been one, but if you guys are cutting him loose, I'd be happy to see him in a black jersey next year.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
seajay23 said:

lol so you're going to hire a serial dickhead like faumuina?! :lol:

seajay23

Juniors
sorry, should rephrase it to "if they sack mattai", i hope he is cleared and i think he is potentially a great player; the point is that players with alcohol/drug/behaviour related issues are generally poison. I would like to see these guys rehabilitate themselves but it is seemingly very rare. It is tempting to want your club to chase these name players but it usually it turns out to be a waste of money and effort. And Manly, of all clubs, shold know better.

Nutzcraw

Juniors
Bring on Sione..... we'll set the boy straight

Instead of being a pisshead beaver and the boys will turn him into a card shark!!

With sione's ball skills and ability to offload alot i see Brett Stewart scoring plenty more tries :D

Iafeta

Referee
I can't believe his attitude. A very good player, with a load of attacking ability, but fair dinkum, when will he learn?

Good on the Warriors for being strong on this issue. They've shown whether you're a fringe first grader like Misi Taulapapa or a key player like Sione Faumuina, if you break the code of conduct and beat your warnings entitlement, you will go. It bodes for success long term to set the culture guidelines of what's fair go and what isn't.

Given that, that'd have to leave the Warriors in a fair bit of money to spend for a player for next year. He would have been on a packet.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Sione usually goes from being the best ball-playing back-rower in the world one week to the most pathetic, useless burden for the next 8. Good luck to whoever signs him, I hope its not Souths.

Latest posts