What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite EEL past and present!!

Fee

Juniors
Thats really hard, I have two favourite past players, Eric Grothe Snr and Ray Price and the present players are even harder, Eric Grothe and Feleti Mateo.

BURT

Juniors
Brett Kenny was the player behind me becoming an eels supporter, but eric grothe was my favourite as a kid.

Through the dark years Peter Johnstone (spelling) was one of my favourites, i remember seeing him knock out Mario Fenech on two seperate occaisions with crunching tackles.

Coming out of the dark years i loved Jason Smith.

In more recent times Hindy who is my all time favourite eels player.

Yes I to still can remember one of those hits on Mario knocked him into oblivion. was awsome. what ever happened to Peter?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The earliest player I can remember that I liked was Jim Dymock, but that changed to Dennis Moran pretty quickly. Then when I started to really care about players instead of just the team, Jason Taylor.

But these days it is Timana Tahu and Kris Inu. But now that I love the Eels more that I have gotten older, I love almost every player that wears the Blue and Gold.

mrDull

Juniors
Through the dark years Peter Johnstone (spelling) was one of my favourites, i remember seeing him knock out Mario Fenech on two seperate occaisions with crunching tackles.

Yay!! Peter Johnstone! What a tackler he was.

At present for me, its Hindmarsh and Burt.

Captain BF

Juniors
When i was a kid: Pricey, Sterlo, Ella, Bugden (I still have my jersey with number 13 on it from 86), Moseley & Leabeater.
Early to mid 90's: David Woods & Chris Lawler.
Late 90's: Pay, Dymock, Smith & Raper
00's: Hindy x 2 & MoiMoi.

There have been so many players over the years that i have enjoyed watching that have only been with us a short time like Stu Kelly, Glenn Morrison, Mark Tookey, Piggy Riddell.

Also some of the lesser name players like Mark Laurie & Chad Robinson.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I only seriously began following footy (and the Eels) in 2001, so my 'past' isn't too old (I'd love to say Pricey or Kenny but in fairness I never saw them play).

Past: Jason Moddie, Glenn Morrison
Present: Nathan Hindmarsh

Sparky 74

Juniors
80's

Eric Grothe
Steve Ella
Mick Cronin
Bret Kenny
Peter Sterling
Ray Price
Steve Edge

2000s

Hayne
Burt
Inu
Tahu
Mateo
Grothe
Mortimer

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I can only remember from the Mid-90's onwards

In Order it would have been:
Scott Mahon
Stuart Kelly
Luke Burt
Casey McGuire
Daniel Irvine
Eric Grothe
Benny Smith...

All loved for the on field/off field personalities. I never been one to support the 'best' player, i like the guys who work their asses off to become the best player they can be.

All Time Fav: Luke Burt
Current Fav: Benny/Eric/Luke

forward pass

Coach
Brett Kenny was my idol growing up. Absolutely loved watching him play - more than Sterlo, Pricey or Crow. He was all class !

Current times - Tahuuuuuuuuuuuu!! (with Hayne closing in fast)

Gazzamatta

Coach
Len Stacker.
The player tipped to take over from Ken Thornett. It never quite worked out that way did it but as a kid he was my hero.

Bigfella

Coach
Brett Kenny and Eric Grothe senior for me.

They tended to display glimpses of their abilities, but generally for big matches and big moments. it always seemed that the things they did, only they could do.

Mark Waugh is the only sportsman I have seen who reminds me of kenny's effortless, brilliant grace when doing the impossible. Funnily enough Eric Grothe (jr) is the only one I have seen reminiscent of Eric Grothe (sr)...

Latest posts