What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Music

Nutz

Bench
Our own Tommy Emmanuel has been playing guitar and touring since he was a kid.
Acoustic guitar legend Chet Atkins awarded Tommy the "Certified Guitar Player" award which few have had bestowed upon them.
Tommy often performs solo because he needs no backing.
This clip is an example, all the sound comes from him playing the guitar.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I reckon I'm fairly eclectic when it comes to music, some days I like this or that and the next it changes. I guess most of the bands I was into growing up and still am fall into the heavy side of music. Black Sabbath but only when Ozzy was singing, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin were always favourites in my teens...Physical Graffiti my favourite Led Zep album.

Nutz, you mentioned Procol Harem, Robin Trower is one of my all time favourite guitarists, I saw him at the Hordern in about 1976, a week later I saw Jeff Beck. My first concert was at Randwick Racecourse where I saw Slade and Status Quo in 1973, I got really wet but loved it. Saw a heap of bands at the Hordern, how does the song go "warm smell of colitas rising up through the air."

One of my go to songs is Stranglehold by Ted Nugent, it's an epic. I have always been drawn to bands with great guitarists. Can't link it sorry for those that don't know it. Was also a fan of Pantera and at times Metallica. Now days I am a fan of Dream Theater. I'd be interested to know if any of you are.

I got my son into similar music. We have been to some great concerts together. We have seen Black Sabbath and a heap of others....we have tickets to Iron Maiden and Killswitch Engage next year. I couldn't get him to a game of league but concerts, thats another story.

Nutz

Bench
I reckon I'm fairly eclectic when it comes to music, some days I like this or that and the next it changes. I guess most of the bands I was into growing up and still am fall into the heavy side of music. Black Sabbath but only when Ozzy was singing, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin were always favourites in my teens...Physical Graffiti my favourite Led Zep album.

Nutz, you mentioned Procol Harem, Robin Trower is one of my all time fav.... days I am a fan of Dream Theater.
Wow mate you and I are twins ha ha.
I've been so unlucky with concerts for various reasons.
Everytime I go to book tickets something comes up tand stuffs it.
Dream Theatre and metal without melody is not my thing but hey if it hits your spot then it's all good mate.
One of Ozzy's best for ne was "Changes" It's amazing the difference between that song and Sabbath's heavier songs.
I do love the old stuff like this Easybeats...but I'm also enjoying some opera clasics. I'm Nutz!
The Easybeats were an
Australian rock band who formed in Sydney in late 1964. They are best known for their 1966 hit single "Friday on My Mind", which is regarded as the first Australian rock song to achieve international success; Rolling Stone described it as "the first international victory for Oz rock

Tigerm

Coach
Wow mate you and I are twins ha ha.
I've been so unlucky with concerts for various reasons.
Everytime I go to book tickets something comes up tand stuffs it.
Dream Theatre and metal without melody is not my thing but hey if it hits your spot then it's all good mate.
One of Ozzy's best for ne was "Changes" It's amazing the difference between that song and Sabbath's heavier songs.
I do love the old stuff like this Easybeats...but I'm also enjoying some opera clasics. I'm Nutz!
The Easybeats were an
Australian rock band who formed in Sydney in late 1964. They are best known for their 1966 hit single "Friday on My Mind", which is regarded as the first Australian rock song to achieve international success; Rolling Stone described it as "the first international victory for Oz rock
My brother did a bit of roadie work for the easy beats, way back, he’s passed now, but I don’t think they had done anything at the time?

Tiger Ted

Bench
My brother did a bit of roadie work for the easy beats, way back, he’s passed now, but I don’t think they had done anything at the time?
The great Stevie Wright was the lead singer of the easybeats & also famous for singing the epic song Evie.I remember watching him perform with some school mates when we would’ve been in year 9 in a free outdoor concert at the opera house.

Nutz

Bench
Wow. RIP for your brother Tm.
Stevie last performed at the Legends of Rock Festival at Byron Bay in 2009. Died 68yrs.
His before fame after fame photos were tragic, very sad for a real performer who battled drug and alcohol addiction.

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
Wow. RIP for your brother Tm.
Stevie last performed at the Legends of Rock Festival at Byron Bay in 2009. Died 68yrs.
His before fame after fame photos were tragic, very sad for a real performer who battled drug and alcohol addiction.
That’s what rockers did, back in the day, hey, they thought they were bulletproof, only the fortunate ones survived.

Tigerm

Coach
That’s what rockers did, back in the day, hey, they thought they were bulletproof, only the fortunate ones survived.
I was talking to an old bloke (older than me:) ) and I was talking about waiting for my hip replacement, and I said it’s a pain in the arse getting old, isn’t it, and without hesitation, he said, but it’s better than dying young? To true. Hahaha

Nutz

Bench
I was talking to an old bloke (older than me:) ) and I was talking about waiting for my hip replacement, and I said it’s a pain in the arse getting old, isn’t it, and without hesitation, he said, but it’s better than dying young? To true. Hahaha
Hip hip hooray...ha ha.

Nutz

Bench
In recent years I've enjoyed these songs...mainly because my kids play them and I've come to like them too.
It goes to show that music is like fashion....it goes around in a circle.
Eventually, what kids are discovering now, the chances are we've done it or similar to it back in the day.

Tigerm

Coach
Ghost Riders - Willie and Johnny.
Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffet
Never been to Spain - Three Dog Night
Nearly anything from Bob Dylan
La Grange - ZZ Top

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Voted by fans as the best ever single...Hey Jude ~ Beatles
The message behind the song is touching and deeply personal: McCartney wrote it on his way to visit Lennon’s soon-to-be-ex-wife, Cynthia, and their son, Julian.
McCartney once said the opening lines were “a hopeful message for Julian: ‘Come on, man, your parents got divorced. I know you’re not happy, but you’ll be OK.'”
He later changed “Jules” to “Jude”

Nutz

Bench
What an ugly dude Willie was but had an awesome unique voice as had Cash.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
A bit of trivia if you didn’t know this, they started the Highway Men, to pay Willie Nelson’s tax bill?
I did not know that TM.
Just goes to show, the two things you can't escape is death and the taxman.
A saying originated by
Benjamin Franklin
and variations came later.
Most billionaires make a killing avoiding taxes.

Tigerm

Coach
“I’ve never been to heaven, but I’ve been to Leichhardt Oval, they say that I was born there, but I really can’t remember”
Three Dog Night

Last edited:

Latest posts