What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Music

Vic Mackey

Referee
Went to slaughter to prevail gig last week. It was epic

These guys are genuinely insane

I grew up in the 90s/early 00s so love heavy music. It disappeared for over a decade however is having a real renaissance atm. The last 3 years or so have unearthed some incredible new bands.

Tigerm

Coach

I grew up in the 90s/early 00s so love heavy music. It disappeared for over a decade however is having a real renaissance atm. The last 3 years or so have unearthed some incredible new bands.
Gee, makes me sad, that I missed the slaughter hahaha
Sorry, you missed the heavy rock from the 70's then Vic, you could even understand the lyrics if your mind was right :)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Gee, makes me sad, that I missed the slaughter hahaha
Sorry, you missed the heavy rock from the 70's then Vic, you could even understand the lyrics if your mind was right :)
Oh don’t worry, my dad listened to all the 70s stuff so I’m well educated on it all! Def a fan

simmo05

Bench

Yeah same, I love it. There are heaps of awesome bands out there, now my kids are in their teens I have more time to find them!

Being a 90s metalhead, I assume you're going to machine head and fear factory in march vic?

Tigerm

Coach
Yeah same, I love it. There are heaps of awesome bands out there, now my kids are in their teens I have more time to find them!

Being a 90s metalhead, I assume you're going to machine head and fear factory in march vic?
I know I'm old, when I say, I've never heard of the band "Slaughter", probably be fair to say, I won't be listening to them either hahaha

Nutz

Bench

Check this one out. This is the best video clip for hurt.
It is actually a cover of a nine inch nails song
Yeh I like NIN simmo, the original was ok but a bit too slow for me. When I heard cash's rendition it really effected me.
I thought it was really poignant because the song really suits the somewhat tragic life of Cash and his failed relationships.
It unfolded like a four-minute mini-biography, mixing flashback footage of home movies, and a performance as stark as the song itself.
It's about pain, regret, and loss.
He had people stand by him in his darkest hours but he let them down.
In the end, he was trying to help and give something back, he could have given it all back but all he had left was an empire of dirt.
Ironically Cash died a year later 2003.

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
Yeh I like NIN simmo, the original was ok but a bit too slow for me. When I heard cash's rendition it really effected me ... it unfolded like a four-minute mini-biography, mixing in archival footage, home movies, and a performance from Cash that typified the song itself.
I thought it was really poignant because the song really suits the somewhat tragic life of Cash and his failed relationships.
It unfolded like a four-minute mini-biography, mixing flashback footage of home movies, and a performance as stark as the song itself.
It's about pain, regret, and loss.
He had people stand by him his darkest hours but he let them down.
He was trying to help and give something back in the end, he could give it all but all he had left was an empire of dirt.
Wow, deep, I just thought it was drug related. hahaha

Vic Mackey

Referee

Mate machine head are one of my all time favs, Robb Flynn was like my idol growing up. I’ve probably seen them live 5 time. Admittedly I haven’t been a fan of their last few albums, and FF with no Burton seems a bit weird.

I’m going to see Greg Pucciato (Dillinger Escape Plan vocalist) in Jan and Sleep Token ( I know they aren’t everyone’s thing but I think they’re incredible) in April.

The metal scene is very exciting atm. Nice to see heavy music is ‘cool’ again. Over the last few years my Spotify wrapped was all bands from 20 years ago. This year it was Sleep Token, Spiritbox, Loathe, Slaughter to Prevail and Bad Omens.

simmo05

Bench
Mate machine head are one of my all time favs, Robb Flynn was like my idol growing up. I’ve probably seen them live 5 time. Admittedly I haven’t been a fan of their last few albums, and FF with no Burton seems a bit weird.

I’m going to see Greg Pucciato (Dillinger Escape Plan vocalist) in Jan and Sleep Token ( I know they aren’t everyone’s thing but I think they’re incredible) in April.

The metal scene is very exciting atm. Nice to see heavy music is ‘cool’ again. Over the last few years my Spotify wrapped was all bands from 20 years ago. This year it was Sleep Token, Spiritbox, Loathe, Slaughter to Prevail and Bad Omens.
I'm pumped for it. Never got to see machine head, haven't seen fear factory for years. And yes it will be strange without Bert there...

I've got northlane and erra in Feb. Saw polaris and august burns red this year, as well as knotfest. Been to more live music this year than the last 20 combined!

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm pumped for it. Never got to see machine head, haven't seen fear factory for years. And yes it will be strange without Bert there...

I've got northlane and erra in Feb. Saw polaris and august burns red this year, as well as knotfest. Been to more live music this year than the last 20 combined!

love Northlane and ERRA go hard too. I’ve really tried to get into Polaris, some of their stuff is good (I loved their like a version ‘black fingernails red wine) but I just haven’t clicked with them.

Tigerm

Coach
Hallelujah, but it’s a long way to the top, (if you want to rock and roll). Hahaha

Latest posts