What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite All-Time Eels Victory

*Non-finals game*

Our 17-8 victory over the Canberra Raiders in 1990 will always have a place in my heart.

* It was against the premiers who had a star-studded side. Meninga, Stuart, Belcher, Walters, Lazarus, Clyde. (Although we did have Kenny, Sterling and Crnkovich to even the odds :D)
* It was a Friday night Eels TV game
* It was the perfect birthday present (I would turn 16 a few days later)
* I taped the game and watched it over and over again, a rarity in those lean years.
* Our defense was awesome that night. To keep that Raiders team to 8 points was no easy achievement.

Oscarman

Juniors
We did have Greg Drake too:D. I remember Matt Goodwin, Mark Laurie and Mark Horo having huge games that night. The win over the Raiders in 1993 after we were slaughtered by the Runts 5 days earlier was pretty good too.

I think my fave ATM is the win over St Choke in the finals last year. To see thousands of red and white jerseys pouring through the gate after Jarryd beat half their team to score was priceless.

Parra Guru

Coach
I really enjoyed our flogging of the Broncos 68-22 in 2007, when it was Tahu and Ian Hindmarsh's last game at Parra Stadium. That one sticks out for me.

Nothing beats a Sunday arvo watching the Eels in full flight, and that same team would have made the GF if it weren't for the cheats!!! And a shonky video ref call!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was privlidged enough to see all 4 premierships and still remember them like it was yesterday however I made the call that last years semi against the Saints is the clubs greatest ever non gf win and I still maintain that.

Qualifying Final 2005 Parra Stadium

Parra 46 - Moanly 22

Halftime: Parra 28 - Moanly 0

The pleasure of hearing silence from MOanly supporters for an entire 40 minutes - followed by the sound of weeping, as they had been punted from the competition by the Mighty Blue & Golds.

I know that its sick, that I take pleasure in hearing people (including men) openly weep - but, wow, the drink at the Leagues Club that night was one of the best!:lol::lol:

Daneel

Bench
I was privlidged enough to see all 4 premierships and still remember them like it was yesterday however I made the call that last years semi against the Saints is the clubs greatest ever non gf win and I still maintain that.

Same or though my memory is very scketchy of 81,82,83. 86 i remember well. Nothing beats las years semi against dragons. As for non finals, to many floating around in my nogin to nominate one clearly.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That semi in 98 against Norths were we bashed the crap out of them was pretty special as well :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
Qualifying Final 2005 Parra Stadium

Parra 46 - Moanly 22

Halftime: Parra 28 - Moanly 0

The pleasure of hearing silence from MOanly supporters for an entire 40 minutes - followed by the sound of weeping, as they had been punted from the competition by the Mighty Blue & Golds.

I know that its sick, that I take pleasure in hearing people (including men) openly weep - but, wow, the drink at the Leagues Club that night was one of the best!:lol::lol:

there's some photos floating around but the forumers party at the rose and crown post Brisbane game 2005 where we won the minor premiership was fantstic.

Joely01

Bench
Last years game in the semi against the dogs is one that ill allways remember the atmosphere was amazing and it was just great to beat both dragons and dogs in the same final series.

Swiftstylez

Bench
I really enjoyed our flogging of the Broncos 68-22 in 2007, when it was Tahu and Ian Hindmarsh's last game at Parra Stadium.

Same.

It may sound Cliche, but the Penrith one the other weekend was right up there, bar the first twenty minutes.

It has the potential be the defining match of our first premiership in some time with the Storm out of the way, should we go on with it. Hope they do for Cayless sake.

Last edited:

Parra Guru

Coach
I think my favourite ever game though is the Kogarah semi last year. Hayne's try, Burty's drop goal, Grothe latching onto that intercept and running the length to score. I'll never forget it for as long as I live. And it all happened in front of our army on the hill, Parra made up about 10% of the support there that day.

Kornstar

Coach
Non finals - Penrith game last year, when Hayne ran himself from dummy half down the sideline and threw that ball to Mortimer and then ran to the crowd and was jumping around and high diving etc. It just became one big party, we confirmed a finals spot and completed a miracle......best atmosphere I have ever experienced in my 20 odd years of going to football games!!!

Finals - Bulldogs game last year

Non NRL - beating GB at parra stadium!

-Gurueel-

Juniors
I think my favourite ever game though is the Kogarah semi last year. Hayne's try, Burty's drop goal, Grothe latching onto that intercept and running the length to score. I'll never forget it for as long as I live. And it all happened in front of our army on the hill, Parra made up about 10% of the support there that day.

that game was something special.

and made even more so because of the context of having been thrashed there the week before.

still gives me goose bump.

EelsFan05

Bench
Only because it’s fresh in the memory I can't spilt the Penrith game at Parra Stadium and the Bulldogs preliminary final last year. Any win against Manly is a highlight as well.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Non-Finals.. hmm toughie.

I can't name exact rounds or years - but anytime we beat Manly at Parra Stadium on a Sunday afternoon is gold.
Eels v Bulldogs, the night Morrin bit Timana?

Eels v Tigers at the SFS last year, Hayne's solo effort.

all good times!

benoir91

Juniors
Non-Finals.. hmm toughie.

I can't name exact rounds or years - but anytime we beat Manly at Parra Stadium on a Sunday afternoon is gold.
Eels v Bulldogs, the night Morrin bit Timana?

Eels v Tigers at the SFS last year, Hayne's solo effort.

all good times!

agree! those games were unreal

watching the slow motion shot of the crowd when hayne chips and regather against the tigers is awesome, all the blue and gold fans jump up together at the same time....brilliant

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
what about the Eels v Bulldogs game from the 90's when Chris Lawler kicked the winning Field Goal?