What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite away venue and why?

Cupid Stunt

Campbelltown. One of the last sporting venues that you can get food/drink easy, get up close to the field, get out of with ease & still have some cash in the wallet at full time.

Plus, as mentioned, the close transport & pub across the road dont hurt either. :clap:

Sharkman05

Juniors
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:12 am Post subject:

Campbelltown. One of the last sporting venues that you can get food/drink easy, get up close to the field, get out of with ease & still have some cash in the wallet at full time.

Plus, as mentioned, the close transport & pub across the road dont hurt either.

RD13 63 - 126 Vs Gold Coast Eels. 8W - 5L.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit I'm a practicing Muslim. Not a strap a bomb to my belt, blow myself up Muslim. More like I occasionally tape a couple of firecrackers to my tits and light them off. But that's only so that I know I can still FEEL SOMETHING, you know what I mean?

PS: I'm just kidding about being Muslim, but the firecracker thing is true.

Malcom Noad: "Let's believe nothing happened in Coffs Harbour". Yes Malcom, lets...

Mate you are a moderator thank god I am leaving this site

ozzie

Bench
Southernsaint said:
Probably the SFS - one of the best viewing grounds in the league. It is also centrally located & has a good atmosphere when a decent sized crowd is in...

I agree but I find the parking y dear so now I park at the Club and catch the bus..drops you right outside the door and anyone can catch them from the club for nothing...parking at the club is about $5.00, ac tually its the shopping centre . I catch the bus back to the club have a quick one and hit the highway. Halfway down the M% before most of the cars in the car park at Moore Park have left the parking area

ozzie

Bench
Sharkman05 said:
Raider_69 said:
SFS and Penrith Stadium are good for me
SFS is a great stadium but food, beer and parking are to expensive and you need 20 000 or more to create a atmosphere. Plus the Roosters play there's no respect just rubbish from those fans!

well now that three clubs play out of there St George, Souths and us - I find your comments stupid. Roosters average home crowds were 16500 last year, the highest for all Sydney teams and the nothing crowds we got when we play teams like Cronulla, Souths, Cowboys. Now Cronulla fans don't travel too well - they lose their road maps at the first traffic lights, Souths are in the doldrums but I expect them to draw wel this year, and who follows the Cowboys in Sydney.

Wasn't it yopur club that had an Ex CEO destroying a jumper - and you talk about arrogance and no respect..I don't know any other CEO who has stooped so low

the cost of food is silly and so is the beer price - but if you want it you pay for it - I don't so if you want to get rippped off bad luck - take a bottle of lemonade with you

ozzie

Bench
hrundi99 said:
spacemanspiff said:
Canberra Stadium is a top class facility - it gets no atmosphere when the Faiders are playing...

Go and stand next to the Raiders Army if you think the place doesn't have atmosphere...[/quote

if they haven't gone to the club by half time - lol - more of this coming up this year]

Utey

Coach
Hmm favourite away venue is probably Telstra Stadium and most hated is Penrith Park,

God-King Dean

Immortal
Shark Park
chp_electric_power_lines_1.jpg

Glenn

First Grade
***MH*** said:
I go with campbelltown... it's right next door to the train station so you don't have to take your car, GA is inexpensive and you can always count on westies making great pies.
The only grounds that i know of that have a trainstation remotley close to their ground without having to catch a bus are Telstra and Belmore.... i'm not sure about parramatta though?

Can either get a bus to Parramatta Stadium from the station or a easy 10minute walk

Favourite away stadium would be Parramatta North (aka Suncorp), as a Parramatta supporter the away support there makes you feel like you are at at Parramatta Stadium, plus the record vs Bris there isnt to shabby either 8)

MEE

Juniors
Stadium of light.

Has it's own light rail network with two train stations which makes journey easy. Good sized ground with a great atmosphere and supporters who aren't hostile like so many from the north.

et

Juniors
He's probably your best-known supporter (apart from that other neo-fascist Howard).