What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite away venue and why?

miccle

Bench
I actually quite like Toyota Park. As a broncos fan, I only really get a chance to see NRL games at big stadiums like ANZ and Suncorp, and although they're both fantastic - it's a great change to be able to sit on a hill watching a top class game of footy. SFS also isn't too bad. (I've only ever been to Toyota Park, Telstra, SFS and Leichhardt outside of Brisbane).

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
suncorp - i just wish there was more atmosphere broncos fans arent the most vocal
Ronson/caltex/endevour/toyota/Shark park is ok Very good catering compared to most footy grounds.

spacemanspiff

Juniors
Parra Stadium - only been there once and the Sharks lost - but it's one of the best grounds for getting a feel for the game. Was staying close to the ground so I dont know about transport

Canberra Stadium is a top class facility - it gets no atmosphere when the Faiders are playing - but you only need to turn up to a brumbies game to see just what the potential there is for it to be a top quality RL ground. Great view from all seats, cheap tickets, beer & is plentiful (but over priced)
Possibly the worst venue for getting in and out of though.

Matt M

Juniors
For any ground I like North Sydney Oval, it just has a great feel to it. But for any full time NRL ground the SFS is the best.

I don't like to be mean but for the worst, it easily goes to the Sydney Showground. That is the only ground where after leaving I have decided not to go back there, and I really doubt I will in the future either. Don't get me wrong, I love going to footy games but the Showground has horrible viewing, ridiculous food prices and basically everything else wrong with it. I hope the Dogs start to play all their games at Telstra.

KFC

Juniors
Canberra Stadium.

Great view and the fans are always friendly.

I've been to every Roosters V Raiders game for well over a decade.

And for the best part of that time my team was on the wrong end of a hiding.

I make a weekend of it. It's now a ritual.

KFC

Juniors
Canberra Stadium.

KFC

Juniors
Canberra Stadium.

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
Brookie is great. Reminds me or Leichhardt!
Gosford is very good. Seriously, its an amazing place. For those people who havn't been there, its truely a ground/area that NEEDS and NRL team.
Penrith was nice aswell. I had the best away game at penrith last year. I love the cool mountain air too! :D

perth sharkie

Juniors
Parramatta Stadium. It's a good ground, it's close enough to the town centre where there's a few decent pubs and other things to do, and of course, the Parramatta Leagues Club.

Eric1/2B

Juniors
Suncorp is a great ground for easy access to food, drink and facilities and to watch the game. Rarely encountered any queues even with large crowds. Its the easiest ground to get into and out of. Broncos supporters are usually good natured towards us Dragons supporters, so I have no complaints there - but the squealing pre-teens and their stupid clapper thingys are annoying.

Aussie stadium has a great view of the field most anywhere you sit, but getting in or out of the Moore Park area is a nightmare unless you walk down to Central. Atmosphere at big games can be absolutely unreal though.

I always enjoyed Campbelltown Stadium, having lived in the district until 2 years ago. Good viewing and easy to get in or out. Some of the night games there have had the most memorable, electric atmosphere that I have ever felt at the footy. Converts you into a Wests supporter for a while when you get swept along with it.

hrundi99

First Grade
spacemanspiff said:
Canberra Stadium is a top class facility - it gets no atmosphere when the Faiders are playing...

Go and stand next to the Raiders Army if you think the place doesn't have atmosphere...

Southernsaint

Staff member
perth sharkie said:
Parramatta Stadium. It's a good ground, it's close enough to the town centre where there's a few decent pubs and other things to do, and of course, the Parramatta Leagues Club.

I have to say that I hate Parramatta Stadium since they replaced the Hills with seating. The cheap seats are all allocated & there aren't enough of them. The advertising hoardings also block your view of the big screen.

In it's favour, though, is a very efficient bar!!

spacemanspiff

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
spacemanspiff said:
Canberra Stadium is a top class facility - it gets no atmosphere when the Faiders are playing...

Go and stand next to the Raiders Army if you think the place doesn't have atmosphere...

Granted the Raiders Army makes a darn good fist of creating atmosphere - but one bay of committed diehards does not fill the whole stadium with atmosphere.

Ricky Walford

Juniors
Leichhardt Oval. No question. Great hill, close to the action, good natured crowds. It was even better in the days when Laurie Nichols would spend the afternoon doing laps of the ground shadow boxing.

It seems like years since Saints have played there and it won't be happening any time soon with the move to Telstra. A real shame IMO.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Ricky Walford said:
Leichhardt Oval. No question. Great hill, close to the action, good natured crowds. It was even better in the days when Laurie Nichols would spend the afternoon doing laps of the ground shadow boxing.

It seems like years since Saints have played there and it won't be happening any time soon with the move to Telstra. A real shame IMO.

Indeed. The last time I was there was when Saints flogged Balmain in 1999. Choc was on fire that day...

brook

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
Ricky Walford said:

Indeed. The last time I was there was when Saints flogged Balmain in 1999. Choc was on fire that day...

Choc ALWAYS tore us apart

I don't know what he had against Balmain but he saved his best performances for when he played us. I still have nightmares about the corrosponding game at WIN that year