What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

favourite beer

Red Bear

Referee
i saw a few cases of kb in the bottlo near me the other day. My nickname at school was red bear but i dont really like them at all.

Bumble

First Grade
Alba said:
The monster in the green box! Sunnyvale Fruity Lexia! Hahahaha!! We used to drink that when we were underage and penniless!! $7.80 for 4 litres! It's probably gone up now!

Nah it's still as cheap and nasty as ever...lived on it when as you said, underage and poor (ie last year)

Anyways topics at hand, not the biggest beer fan, I like Tooheys PILS in a bottle and VB, Blonde or Guiness at the pub

At parties I'm either gonna have Pulse or Vivezo though

Vivezo = best thing ever

MKEB...

Staff member
Knightmare said:
Haven't seen DB for sale anywhere over here.

Dont bother looking, it tastes like how you would imagine bottled recycled dishwater to taste.

I would rather drink speights any day of the week.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Speights is average. DB is so dominant in NZ that they don't even have to bother expanding overseas.

Red Bear

Referee
like our vb for example?
dad brought speights home from NZ a couple of years ago after he went in this run cycle kayak thing with my uncle and they got beers as they crossed the finish line. Nothing special but def drinkable.
Is steinlager any good? See that all the time over here.

no name

Coach
punton said:
Byron Bay.
Hahn Super Dry.
Melbourne Bitter.

77 posts in and someone finally mentions Hahns Super Dry.
I reckon its the best beer going round, tastes good and doesnt give u that bad a hangover

Martli

Coach
Red Bear said:
like our vb for example?
dad brought speights home from NZ a couple of years ago after he went in this run cycle kayak thing with my uncle and they got beers as they crossed the finish line. Nothing special but def drinkable.
Is steinlager any good? See that all the time over here.

Steinlager is like the "business man beer" ie the status beer that the business men drink along with Stella and Heiniken to make themselves look rich. I'm not really a lager fan myself so I don't rate it that much. I'd rather just have a DB or a speights if i'm keeping it NZ.

Martli

Coach
I hate tui and export.

Red isn't bad, but I'll have a few different brands before I hit the red.

PJ

First Grade
I've only discovered the wonders of Hoegaarden since getting here. Brilliant beer
Agree completely.

Another great beer that was only around for 1 summer was from a spin off of the Malt Shovel Brewery and was called something like The GReat White Beer.

Brilliant stuff on a hot summers arvo.

Skinner

Coach
Fast Eddie said:
The only thing nearly as good as DB Draught is DB Bitter......;-)

Eddie.....take yourself outside and give yourself 30 uppercuts.

Speights is the ONLY beer.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Thought you would have been a Stella Artois drinker Skinner:)

I'll stick to the DB's anyday over Speights.

_Johnsy

Referee
As far as the aussie drops go;

Boags StGeorge
Boags Premium
Boags Draught
Cascade Premium
Tooheys New on tap