What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite 'gamble' in the NRL

newman

First Grade
Because with interchange players there is 17-a-side, therefore 34 players?

Yep. But it becomes a bit more complex because you could argue that most first tries are scored before any interchanged are made.

Parra

Referee
Yep. But it becomes a bit more complex because you could argue that most first tries are scored before any interchanged are made.

So for Superrugby with 22 players per side the odds could be 44/1 for each player?

BDR

First Grade
Thanks for the life lesson chief. Even if I don't win I enjoy a casual punt, I don't think anyone is in denial about their probability of winning against huge odds. Like so much in life the punt is enjoyable in moderation. The sports book is my game of choice because there is actually an element of strategy (even if you think there isn't).

Richard Gay Was God

First Grade
I like the Morris boys, Barba and Everingham as 1st try scorers as rule. Merritt as a last try scorer. I don't bet on it often, only if I'm near a TAB on a weekend. Got David Mead up on Friday night at $11 and Sio up on Saturday night. Generally right sided wingers are a good chance.

I missed Everingham despite my rule on Saturday as only wanted to bet on 1 game ($10) Saturday night.

newman

First Grade
Thanks for the life lesson chief. Even if I don't win I enjoy a casual punt, I don't think anyone is in denial about their probability of winning against huge odds. Like so much in life the punt is enjoyable in moderation. The sports book is my game of choice because there is actually an element of strategy (even if you think there isn't).

You were the one who said I have NFI.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Ok I'll do you a deal. I'll give you $10 a week for barba, Merritt and Brett Morris FTS and you give me 34/1 odds

We on?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
FTS makes book makers shit load of money

The average should be 26.00, so for every $10.00 player there should be a $66 player, if betting volumes were equal and tab was taking no profit

You never know how much is held on each player, but trust me they make shit loads

Flapper

First Grade
No. It is you who has NFI if you think that getting 11-1 odds on an option where the true probability is 26-1 is good value.
By simply admitting to gambling on football you are admitting that you have no clue about life. The odds and system is stacked to take your money from you and the whole thing is leveraged to the advantage of the bookie or the TAB. Gambling is a mugs game. You will always come out well behing in the long run.

Your use of "true probability" to try and prove your wowserism is bullshit. Scoring a try is not like roulette or the lottery, the variables involved (speed, agility, ability to bust defence etc etc) skews the odds.more favourably for some and the other way for others.

Before you start talking, know the subject.

MSIH

Bench
No. It is you who has NFI if you think that getting 11-1 odds on an option where the true probability is 26-1 is good value.
By simply admitting to gambling on football you are admitting that you have no clue about life. The odds and system is stacked to take your money from you and the whole thing is leveraged to the advantage of the bookie or the TAB. Gambling is a mugs game. You will always come out well behing in the long run.

Someone failed their Year 7 probability exam. Thanks for the laugh though. Maybe each player should have odds of 2-1, player A either is or isn't going to score the first try.

in.tro

Juniors
FTS makes book makers shit load of money

The average should be 26.00, so for every $10.00 player there should be a $66 player, if betting volumes were equal and tab was taking no profit

You never know how much is held on each player, but trust me they make shit loads
this sounds about right..

if your betting on FTS its goto be for fun, because long term your gonna lose alot of money..

i dont mind 40/20 kicks.. always pay $4-$5.

Zigwaa

Bench
Try in the last 8 minutes usually comes up the goods with a lot of soft tries at the end of games.

A good one is 40/20s if a player is on a good run of getting them, pays $4+ and it can be from either team. A complete no no in the wet though.

Skreepe

Juniors
Always back the team with the line(or without) the week after their coach was sacked.

First week of football is also good as pre-season form counts for little and Bookies have to set their prices following the teams on paper. Good time to get on the underdogs.

Latest posts