What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Gridiron Movie

Sun_Down

Juniors
The Replacements by far!

Any Given Sunday and Remember the Titans are good aswell.

Others: All The Right Moves and Jerry Maguire, the latter is better.

J-Man

Juniors
Any Given Sunday is my favourite. You can pick up the 2 disc dvd for less than $15 now.

Friday Night Lights was also pretty good.

Gipper

Juniors
Any Given Sunday and Remember the Titans are the only 2 ive fully seen, but IMO are classic movies.

Not that this really counts, but Dan Marino did one of the best Cameo's ive seen in Ace Ventura.

Comparing high school football movies, Friday Night Lights had much better football action than Titans. FNL game scenes were pretty realistic looking.

Nullajet

Juniors
this isnt really a grid iron movie but it features within it...but I love school ties with brendan frasier...

Opening Scenes of "The Last Boy Scout". I think Channel Nein even used the intro song from TLBS ("Friday Night is a Great Night for Football") a few years back.

Another classic football scene, not necessarily a football movie, is "The Wanderers".

W.Smith

Juniors
Rudy for me a bit sappy in places but great stuff, a true story too a close second tho is Any Given Sunday IMO

Cupid Stunt

Bugger seems I misse this...

Watched "Invincible" a few weeks ago. Not that bad as far as football movies go but not a hell of a lot of football.

Picked up "Gridiron Gang" yesterday & haven't watched it. Will be back in a day or three when I have... :lol:

Cupid Stunt

Gridiron Gang. Those that like that crapfest Rudy will no doubt shed a tear during this as well. I didn't mind it but it's both predictable & cliched. The Rock actually does a good job in the lead role & his wanna-be gangster side kick is ok when he delivers the 3 or 4 lines he has.

Again, I know Rudy has a few fans around here so I suggest you lot take a box of Kleenex... :lol:

kurt faulk

Coach

"any given sunday" is the best i've seen. it's a well made movie, fast paced and some great editing. it all just worked so well, trying to fit everything into 150 minutes.

i thought the eye scene was unnecessary and just thrown in there to get some media hype. it felt like it didn't belong in the flow of the movie. when has that ever happened in a game?

"remember the titans" was pretty good as was "the longest yard" with burt reynolds.

"heaven can wait" was a funny movie which revolved around the rams. it wasn't a football movie but football was a theme during the whole film.

Cupid Stunt

We Are Marshall: Gridiron movie about true events. Awesome. Maybe I'm a bit biased due to being a fan of the game but this movie was worth more than one watch. I cant speak highly enough of this. Enough simulated football to keep the likes of me happy & enough BS girly moments for the Rudy fans... Go see it! :D

Eelementary

Post Whore
"Any Given Sunday"

Saw "Varsity Blues" last night and enjoyed it.

"The Replacements" was a tad meh for me.

Brians (?) Way or something like that (i actually have no idea what the move is called lol) is pretty good. it stories the friendly rivalry for the RB spot at the bears between gale sayers and some brian guy and then there lifelong friendship, not the best, but id def rec. you watch if u like football movies

i also saw one the other day on movie one with that vinny from home and away in it lol. it was about some hard ass coach from texas A&M in the 50s.

Latest posts