What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

favourite/least favourite player

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
okay, i poached this from the Canberra page :( *guilty* :(

Who is your favourite Parra player?
Who is your least favourite Parra player?
Who would you poach from another club?

its just a bit of fun
don't forget to give reasons!

rowdy

First Grade
ohhh ur in big trouble now!

Fav: Probably Lyon or Chris Armpit...both strong, try scoring machines! well, kinda :D

I think id poach... scotty donald. I know we have heaps of wingers already, but he's fast enough...

half

Coach
most fav? nathan hindmarsh because he is the most brilliant footballer in existence
least fav? it was crouch. but now that he's gone it will be whoever sucks most next season
poach? craig wing. awesome creative force. and poaching a player from the roosters would be quite funny

Pazza

First Grade
Nathan Cayless, he is just so tough

Jason Moodie, 5 knock ons in the grand final is just unforgivable

Ricky Stuart, he is such a professional

JessEel

:D
okay me now!

Favourite Player: Luke Burt this year, he's always been one of my all time Favourites, but this year he takes the prize! (poor bugger)
Least Favourite: hmm... i dunno... Dyksey? yea, for general crapiness: Dykesy
Who would i poach: well, everyone know's i'd have my old favourites back, but from a non-parra standing we'd have to go Billy Slater (pure excitement), Shaun Timmins (passion and determination) or Justin Ryder (he's funny lookin'!)

wittyz chick

Coach
Fav Player: Mick Witt coz he's good but will get better and Armit coz he's just 1 tough guy
Least Fav Player: Dykesy coz he has a habit of getting injured all the time but at times he can be good
Who would i Poach: Steve Turner coz this guy (the grand final aside) scores at least one try a match he will do good at Melbourne if Robbie Ross is again injured we did try to get him but not enough money...a great player in the making

Avenger

Immortal
Favourite player: Hindmarsh: The best forward for Parra I have seen since Ray Price. Say no more.

Least Favourite: Vaealiki: In my opinion too slow for the centres. Gets caught out in defence quite often, overrated. Remeber NZ Vs Austrlia last year, Lyon made him look like a cardboard cutout in defence.

New recruit: Wing, explosive from dummy half, but I'll settle for PJ March to come back.

Hurriflatch

Referee
RE Turner 1 try a match in reggies right?

well back in 2001 McKinnon got 21 tries in 20 matches including at one stage 11 tries in 5 matches but that doesn't mean he'll be the next Aussie Fullback.

As for the Question

Fav: Matt Petersen
Least: Andrew Ryan - He left for the Dogs that is unforgivable, Willie Tonga is 2nd followed by any players who leave to goto Souths.
Poach: Get Ian back

Cupid Stunt

Fave: Lyon or Armit. ( I'm surprised that his name is mentioned a few times here. )
Least: I'll stay on the Dykes bandwagon. Or Wagon.
Poach: Toss up between reclaiming Ian or stealing Preston.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I have too many so I'll do it my way:

FULLBACK: I loved Hodgo before his heart left Parra. Now I enjoy Prince or Graham.

WINGERS: Moodie, but he retired. SO Burt and Petersen.

CENTRES: Lyon and VAeliki.

5/8: I am a Dykes fan through and through. I'll be first to admit that he hasn't been Mr. Incdredible, but late this year he really showed what he was made of [ that try he set up for Lyon in the first half (5 metres out, last tackle. Dykes at dummy half. Picks it up, runs left and passes it inside on the right where Jamie catches and scores. Brilliant!) of the Cronulla match and the Moodie try at Brissie were great].

HALFBACK: JT or it seems like Witty now.

PROPS: Cayless and Chan/Hex. But now it's Caylo and Tsoulos and Armit.

HOOKER: JM!!!

SECOND ROWER: HINDMARSH and Hopkins

LOCK: It is my choice - Wags (in great form). Great defense, strong tough attack. Lots of passion for the team [when he scored the match-winning try against NZ you could see in his face how happy he was. Great bloke too.)

I say this because I have never seen him play much (as some of you may or may not kow, I only started supporting league and Parra in late 2000):

Grothe Jnr.

But a player I don't like so much is Widders. Sorry mate - I DO like him, but not as much as others.

Morley (for his aggression)

Villasanti (see Morley)

Ian Hindmarsh

Jason CAyless

Kennedy (I'm a big fan of this bloke)

JessEel

parra players ppl! least favourite parra players!
my least favourite would then be Andrew Johns, or Gordon Tallis, or John Hopoate

Freak

Juniors
Favourite Player - King Hindmarsh
Least Favourite - Dykes, but only because he hasn't lived up to expectations

Poach - Ian Hindmarsh - get him back where he belongs!!

Most underated - Peek

Fav. Hindmarsh/Lyon

Without Crouch here its hard to pick on someone because its such a strong squad.

Players that should lift their games are Wagon, Vella,Dykes and Vaealiki.

strider

Post Whore
Fav: Lyon and Nathan Hindy
Least Fav: ummmm.....i like em all....ummm - the reserve grade ball boy.
Poach: Ian Hindy (his loss was huge to us - ppl don't realise how huge)....I also wouldn't mind seeing Lockyer in a blue-and-gold jumper with 1 on it :mrgreen:

Rylesy

Juniors
JessEel said:
:D
okay me now!

Favourite Player: Luke Burt this year, he's always been one of my all time Favourites, but this year he takes the prize! (poor bugger)
Least Favourite: hmm... i dunno... Dyksey? yea, for general crapiness: Dykesy
Who would i poach: well, everyone know's i'd have my old favourites back, but from a non-parra standing we'd have to go Billy Slater (pure excitement), Shaun Timmins (passion and determination) or Justin Ryder (he's funny lookin'!)

Jess - you leave my Timmo alone, I think Parra has taken enough Dragon Players....... :lol:

Rylesy

Juniors
Who is your favourite Parra player? Luke Burt! He is a tops guy, he stayed with Parra for less money, what else can you say! Really nice guy! :D

Who is your least favourite Parra player? Vaealiki - waste of waste! Never does anything. :x

Who would you poach from another club? Ian Hindmarsh! - I think Parra miss him alot on the playing field! :(

Jic Jarrett

Juniors
Fav- Mat Peterson
Least - that slapnut Wade mcKinnon (never forgot how bad he played for us once he signed with souths)
poach- Ian Hindmarsh

bartman

Immortal
Fave: So many! Hopkins played better than expected all year.
Least Fave: Ummm... Dykes, cos he hasn't lived up to himself yet.
Least Fave Other: This week... Chris Walker.
Poach: Can't go past Lockyer to slot in at fullback or centres?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Fav player: "Killer" just ahead of "Hindy"

least fav: Dyksie!! just hasn't been the sensational buy we were hoping. This got me really thinking and I allways hesitate bagging out our players however if it was last years squad Dyksie would not have been on his own there.

Poach: Craig Gower!! always wanted him at Parramatta, simply because I knew he was the sort of player who could one day inspire a grand final win.How right was I!!

Latest posts