What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

favourite/least favourite player

The Colonel

Immortal
Avenger said:
Least Favourite: Vaealiki: In my opinion too slow for the centres. Gets caught out in defence quite often, overrated. Remeber NZ Vs Australia last year, Lyon made him look like a cardboard cutout in defence.

Funny thing was just before being made look second rate by the best centre in the world at the moment (and you want to know my favourite player???) he had pulled a hamstring but still tried to get his hands on Jamie. Cronin wasn't the quickest centre either..... didn't have to be. I will also go on record that Ashley Graham will be playing for Qld and Australia within the next three years at fullback.

Least favourite:
All time, Ben Kusto. At the moment - Dean Widders. Mainly because he can be so much better than what he shows.

Who do I want to poach.

Hmmm I was hoping we would chase Logan Swann a lot harder cos he and Hindy would be just like Hindy and Hindy. Tony Jensen wouldn't be too bad a pick either - if he can get his confidence back after his injuries watch out - the Dragons have picked a diamond in the rough there. Ian should be given back his number 12 jersey and a helicopter. Steve Simpson is very under rated and would look good in the blue and gold as well.

wittyz chick

Coach
Colonel Eel said:
I will also go on record that Ashley Graham will be playing for Qld and Australia within the next three years at fullback.
I agree but I think Lockyer will still be at his best because Lockyer is still only 26 and would most probably still be a top pick for QLD and Australia...also for QLD Ash has competition with Wesser and Schifcofske :(
but...I CANT WAIT TO SEE HIM IN THAT QLD AND AUSSIE JUMPER :D

PJ Marshal

Coach
Who is your favourite Parra player?: Dont have one now that Solo's gone
Who is your least favourite Parra player?: Dont have one, i like em all!
Who would you poach from another club? : Solomona from Wakefield Trinity! :D

The Colonel

Immortal
Given Lockyer's workload I would not be surprised to see him take the same option as Fittler and Gordie and retire from representative football in the not so distant future to prolong his club career.

wittyz chick

Coach
Colonel Eel said:
Given Lockyer's workload I would not be surprised to see him take the same option as Fittler and Gordie and retire from representative football in the not so distant future to prolong his club career.
*fingers crossed* im praying for that to happen because id LOVE to see Ash in those QLD and Aussie jersey but what about Wesser and Schifcofske CE he's gotta get past them first

The Colonel

Immortal
In two to three years time - I can't see Choc being a big threat at fullback - not at rep level at least.

Wesser will still be a chance but I will be interested to see how his form goes. I can see more competition from Matt Bowen and possibly Billy Slater (however I see his future in the centres).......

wittyz chick

Coach
It all depends if Ash comes back from his injury the way he was because he will have a lot of work on his hands if he wants that QLD position as for Slater he wont be a fullback (from the bulldogs semi) Matt Bowen will get a decent run if Bennett isnt helping Hagan with coaching responsibilities...and after the grand final Wesser will be wanting a run

bartman

Immortal
Ash has got time on his side, lets hope no injuries get in his way. And he's a more versatile option than Wesser - ie he can tackle.

wittyz chick

Coach
and the best memory of Ash i have was when he got the ball from a kick and his kick return was fending 3 players off one-armed and he went to score with Wesser he waits until about the 3rd tackle. but since Penrith won the Grand Final and parra came ninth i think the selectors will do what they always do...pick mostly player that came from teams in the top 8 well thats what they normally do anyway

noosa-eel

Juniors
Favourite player : Jamie Lyon & Nathan Hindmarsh (sorry couldn't split them)

Least favourite player : Crouch

Poach : Darren Lockyer ( i know he is a queenslander but you have to admit he is good)

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
wittyz chick said:
and the best memory of Ash i have was when he got the ball from a kick and his kick return was fending 3 players off one-armed and he went to score with Wesser he waits until about the 3rd tackle. but since Penrith won the Grand Final and parra came ninth i think the selectors will do what they always do...pick mostly player that came from teams in the top 8 well thats what they normally do anyway

my best memory of Ash was in the NZ game at home, when Richard Villasanti knocked the behjesus out of him! poor little bastard got up wondering how a truck got on the field and how security missed it!
Nah, seriously, my best Ash moment was the Doggies game away, early last season when he full hammered that little Jonathon Thurston bastard, nice and late, shoulder barged him to da ground!

wittyz chick

Coach
i didnt see it my sis nand i were fiting coz she likes doggies and we were having an arguement so i missed it...DAMN

Eelementary

Post Whore
Do you really think Graham will make it to rep level in 3 years?

With blokes like Wesser, Bowen, Shifcofske and Lockyer still, I doubt Ash will get a crack at a Qld jumper any time soon.

Plus Minichiello will probably get the nod ahead of the above blokes anyhow when it comes to playing for Australia if ockyer retires.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love for Ash to play for Qld. and Australia, but as biased as the selectors are, I doubt it will happen any time soon.

I think the only certainty is Witt at halfback for Qld. in a few years' time.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Favourites 2003:
1. Jamie Lyon
2. Lee Hopkins
3. Shayne Dunley
Least Favourites 2003:
1. Steve Crouch
2. Adam Dykes

Favourites to look out for in 2004:
Luke Burt
Michael Witt
Chris Armit

Least Favourites I couldnt care less in 2004:
Corey Pearson
Craig Stapleton
Jeremiah Pai
Wise Kativerata
Fui Fui Moi Moi

Players to poach:

Darren Lockyer (the guy is a freak), and whoever Parramatta has let go and have turned out to be a success.

wittyz chick

Coach
Eelementary said:
Do you really think Graham will make it to rep level in 3 years?

With blokes like Wesser, Bowen, Shifcofske and Lockyer still, I doubt Ash will get a crack at a Qld jumper any time soon.

Plus Minichiello will probably get the nod ahead of the above blokes anyhow when it comes to playing for Australia if ockyer retires.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love for Ash to play for Qld. and Australia, but as biased as the selectors are, I doubt it will happen any time soon.

I think the only certainty is Witt at halfback for Qld. in a few years' time.
Ash can make it to rep level in 3 yrs definetely no doubt about it he's great...and with Witt i think it'll be this season comming up he'll play for QLD dis kid is great and im not just saying that coz hes my fav but im serious...QLD have got the sheild all wrapped up Witt will make Johns look like a chicken with his head cut off no doubt about that either

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fair enough wittyzchick.

I just know Witt will be a choice - he's young and very talented, and definitely better than Berrigan. So Witt at halfback for Qld. will happen.

And I hope Ash gets the call up too.

Redback71

First Grade
favourite they all seem to leave so its for ever changin past faves were Sterlo, Dymock, J.T, P.J Marsh Hodgo, Solomona and Moodie.

New Faves would be Hindy, Hopkins ans Witt

Player to Poach is hard one some many good players out there i would like some of our old boys back like Marsh and Donald and Drew.

Form other teams id choose Slater, el masri

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
nnooooo...
ohwell, if you insist on keeping him, then us hillgirls will just have to keep coming to canberra games to see him :D :D
its not worth it! send him home!

Latest posts