What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Parramatta Memories

My favourite Parra memory is the day I announced to my manly supporting father that I was going to go for Parra. He hated us with a blind fury and the look on his face when I told that cantankerous old merkin my intentions was priceless. This was some time in the very early 80's. As a child, I always got the impression that the old man wasn't too fond of any of his kids and that feeling was duly reciprocated. My love of all things Parra started as a f**k you, you old merkin,to the old boy.
f**k him and f**k manly. merkins!

Noise

Coach
My favourite Parra memory is the day I announced to my manly supporting father that I was going to go for Parra. He hated us with a blind fury and the look on his face when I told that cantankerous old merkin my intentions was priceless. This was some time in the very early 80's. As a child, I always got the impression that the old man wasn't too fond of any of his kids and that feeling was duly reciprocated. My love of all things Parra started as a f**k you, you old merkin,to the old boy.
f**k him and f**k manly. merkins!

Lol that is the sweetest tale of a serious family problem that I have ever heard

Eelogical

Referee
1981, Cumberland Oval, Eels V Magpies - standing room only and we beat their arses. Never saw a crowd mood like it.

Lol that is the sweetest tale of a serious family problem that I have ever heard
To his credit, he became disillusioned with the M.W.R.L.F.C. after the beagles fiasco. He himself was born and raised in Mosman, back in the days when Mosman (believe it or not) was an uncouth outer suburb of Sydney. His mother who he loved dearly? was a staunch Bears supporter.
He no longer watches league on a weekly basis ( he would watch the finals) but will happily try to regale me with the trials and tribulations of the Waratahs and Wallabies when they play. I tell him to keep that yawnion shit to himself.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Playing Manly back in 2005, at Parramatta Stadium, and the chants towards Terry Hill:

"Terry's a wanker!"

It was epic.

Our 74-4 defeat of Cronulla. My friend and I, like total morons, sat in the front row, and heckled Matthew Rieck all night by yelling, "Number 5!" You can still hear it on the DVD! We were such idiots haha.

parra pete

Referee
I was at that game, it was straight after school and didn't have far to walk from the old Parra Marist

I took half a day off work to attend..The match was on a Wednesday before the Parras played an elimination semi-final!!!!..Could you imagine that happening these days???

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I took half a day off work to attend..The match was on a Wednesday before the Parras played an elimination semi-final!!!!..Could you imagine that happening these days???

just doesn't happen now

back then the poms played warm up games with whom ever was on top of the ladder, they didn't expect to get their arse kicked though