What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fc agm

Maroubra Eel

Coach
i notice is says voting from 9am .... so you can still vote em out at 6pm ME :lol:

btw- when do they announce the ballot?

I don't want to vote anyone out now.

I want them all to stay for comedy value. At least if the teams going no good I can still rely on the board for entertainment.

bartman

Immortal
Still no official news on candidates. It's all eerily quiet this year.

I just hope the fan base doesn't settle back to apathy and being taken for granted. The Directors we will all vote in are after all only servants to the Members, nothing more...

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I got an email today telling me that they were meant to do the ballet draw yesterday but they had some problems and now they will try to do it on Monday 6th December.

fish eel

Immortal
Still no official news on candidates. It's all eerily quiet this year.

I just hope the fan base doesn't settle back to apathy
and being taken for granted. The Directors we will all vote in are after all only servants to the Members, nothing more...

you could ring the club then Bart. I'd hate you to be apathetic and sit back and wait...;-)

BTW Bart, I wouldnt call it 'eerily' quiet. I've received several emails about the AGM, most recently this morning and I believe all the documents pertaining to the AGM are publicly available on the website. Thats a good thing.

Incidently, I'd have thought any 'challenging' candidates would be contacting the members by now?

So much for the sh*tfight most people on here thought the FC elections would be.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I don't think the elections for the football club will be very eventful. Maybe if they controlled the NRL side it might be a different story. I think the leagues club board is where all the actions at.

born an eel

Bench
I don't think the elections for the football club will be very eventful. Maybe if they controlled the NRL side it might be a different story. I think the leagues club board is where all the actions at.
there's only a couple of hundred people eligible to vote in the FC election, the leagues vote will definitely be different

Maroubra Eel

Coach
there's only a couple of hundred people eligible to vote in the FC election, the leagues vote will definitely be different

Most of the galahs on this forum, myself included, are eligible to vote for the fc.

But really the fc board don't have much impact on anything anyway. The plan was for them to take control of the nrl side but apparently it was all too hard for them to organise.

bartman

Immortal
you could ring the club then Bart. I'd hate you to be apathetic and sit back and wait...;-)
Yeah, 'cos that's really the type of apathy I was referring to... :sarcasm:.

BTW Bart, I wouldnt call it 'eerily' quiet. I've received several emails about the AGM, most recently this morning and I believe all the documents pertaining to the AGM are publicly available on the website. Thats a good thing.
Yeah, sure. But I was meaning eerily quiet in the media, compared to the destabilising that went on leading up to the last ones. ;-)

Incidently, I'd have thought any 'challenging' candidates would be contacting the members by now?
Agree, and I guess I'm questioning whether there even are any challenging candidates (or "rebels" as they were once labelled)?

So much for the sh*tfight most people on here thought the FC elections would be.
Yep, as I said it would be a shame for the fanbase to sink back into apathy and being taken for granted by those we elect.... I've seen so many posts on her in the past year mentioning things that people would like to see improved, but then falling back into a position that makes excuses for any deficincies of the the current lot, and that they aren't that bad, and have our best interests at heart etc etc.

This just seems similar to me to the apathetic approach our broad fanbase had in the years prior to going berserk and voting for a knee-jerk change (that hasn't really changed things all that much imo). Hiding the AGM on a Tuesday night instead of a Satruday also plays into that apathy, that always benefits the incumbents in any political process.

bartman

Immortal
Most of the galahs on this forum, myself included, are eligible to vote for the fc.

But really the fc board don't have much impact on anything anyway. The plan was for them to take control of the nrl side but apparently it was all too hard for them to organise.
Yeah, some communication from the incumbents about that promise and what happened to it would be very handy... and probably the least that members who voted them in deserve.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yeah, some communication from the incumbents about that promise and what happened to it would be very handy... and probably the least that members who voted them in deserve.

No doubt, they should be hammered from pillar to post regarding this issue.
That's if, we ever get a fan forum up and running - another promise that's gone by the wayside.

Suity

eels81236

Bench
That's if, we ever get a fan forum up and running - another promise that's gone by the wayside.

Suity

You will want to be careful, Suity. Having the ability to form your own opinions and having the ability to veer from the party line may see you punted from the cavalry. :sarcasm:

bartman

Immortal

Suity
Agree Suity, we need to really hold them to that in the next two years - whatever the composition of candidates elected this time will be.

Last time around I think we all (myself included) wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, allow settling in time etc. This time, the fans/members have to try and keep them honest from go to woe.

Recieved "Ticket" information today in a letter from "Parramatta United"

That ticket is advocating the following Candidates

Nathan Cayless
Geoff Gerard
Eric Grothe
Sid Kelly
John Kolc
Dr Michael Johnson
and Steve Sharp

The letter from the Candiates calling themselves Parrmatta United is written from John Kolc and Steve Sharp

Suitman

Post Whore

Nathan Cayless
Geoff Gerard
Eric Grothe
Sid Kelly
John Kolc
Dr Michael Johnson
and Steve Sharp

The letter from the Candiates calling themselves Parrmatta United is written from John Kolc and Steve Sharp

Yep. Got that myself as well, as I'm sure many others did.
Not a lot there that tickles my fancy tbh.
I was hoping that if they came back with a challenge, they'd come back with a bit more expertise tbh.

They'll have to sell themselves. I know it's only the FC, but it ain't much different to what we have now, or what we had before.
All I can see is that I might vote for one or two of this mob instead of one or two of the current mob.

Bit of a let down tbh.

Suity

Yep. Got that myself as well, as I'm sure many others did.
Not a lot there that tickles my fancy tbh.
I was hoping that if they came back with a challenge, they'd come back with a bit more expertise tbh.

They'll have to sell themselves. I know it's only the FC, but it ain't much different to what we have now, or what we had before.
All I can see is that I might vote for one or two of this mob instead of one or two of the current mob.

Bit of a let down tbh.

Suity

Personally with there credentials there is not much there. Then again neither was there much about the candidates that got elected for the FC previously.

The rule of thumb at the FC is that past players get elected more often than not.

Having said that, the letter that accompanies the ticket is very interesting, it takes a very interesting position, when analyzed in the context of the last few years with last election included.

strider

Post Whore
tbh I don't expect anyone standing for the FC to present more than a passionate "lets do it right" type front - so what's in the letter is about right to my thinking

the FC controls very little of meaning in the grand scheme of things - so you can't expect them to have some master plan of sponsors and events (that never happen :lol:)

bartman

Immortal

Nathan Cayless
Geoff Gerard
Eric Grothe
Sid Kelly
John Kolc
Dr Michael Johnson
and Steve Sharp

Interesting mixture of candidates there...

If we were to revert to old 2008 lines, you would say there were two previous directors there (Gerard, Dr Johnson), mixed with two 3P directors (Grothe and Kelly)... and throw in a recent player in Cayless, a past player in Sharp, and a past player and club employee in Kolc.

"United" is a fitting name given the mixture of candidates, compared to the previous battlelines.

I'm just left wondering if there are any other candidates at all... and if so how they will position themselves against the "united" ticket - will the be drawn from the current incumbents (meaning there has been a fracture in what was 3P), or will they be drawn from the old firm (meaning there has been a split there since 2008)?

I'd imagine Gerard and Johnson are the only "old firm" candidates willing to still go around, so I'm wondering whether Kelly and Grothe have split from what was 3P, or whether there just won't be any other candidates for the FC to choose from.....

(I should point out I'm yet to read the accompanying material before making the above comments.)