What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feleti Mateo (The Saviour)

parralight

Juniors
parra pete said:
There will be plenty of changes next week....

No chance. There will be one or maybe two changes max.

Sorry Pete. The problem is the coaching. It starts and ends with the coach and the coaching staff must take the responsibilty for teh way they are playing.
I dont know what they are doing at training cause it looks as though they have never played together.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Mateo is on the verge of an immediate release according to the ESL fans, and at the very least is at extremely long odds to be re-signed, I doubt he'll get the call up.

Blake Green... please save us.

6. Mateo
7. Green

There's some tries in that combination.. I think.. I hope.. actually, who even knows these days. I fully expect Marsh and Morris to be our halves next week to be honest. Brian doesn't care about this club's future so he won't be bringing any young guys in, we all know it.

Kornstar

Coach
IMO Smith will not be dropped.......i am a big fan of him and i think a week in reggies wouldn't hurt, however i do not believe it is the answer......

I believe that the players have nothing to play for, they don't need to impress the coach cause he aint gonna be there is he?

Kornstar said:
I believe that the players have nothing to play for, they don't need to impress the coach cause he aint gonna be there is he?

I'm not having a dig at you mate but a general opinion about this comment....surely it is STILL a premiership that these blokes play for.

And in saying that, achieving (or trying to) that under these circumstances where there is/will be a lot of change in the club over the next 12 months is much more of an achievement than doing so when the club isn't/won't experience the disruption we are/and will in that time.

Sorry about the present/future tense examples.

Pissed off....and pissed I might add.

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra pete said:
There will be plenty of changes next week....

by rights there should be atleast 3 to 4 in very key positions, let's see if the mad professor has any guts. ;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Kornstar said:
IMO Smith will not be dropped.......i am a big fan of him and i think a week in reggies wouldn't hurt, however i do not believe it is the answer......

If you were an NRL player, would you play with no intention of winning just because we have a different coach next year

Utey

Coach
Must must be changes. Mateo just played his 2nd game back, me thinks he wont figure in team selections.

i tell you either last year or the year b4 i saw this freak of a guy totally carve the raiders prems team and i was amased how good this guy was...mateo for me deserves a good at 5\8...he has spent some time in the halfs with tim as well hasnt he...

Ant

Juniors
Parra Jay dude, I am sorry but your dislike of Brian Smith completely distorts your versions of reality.

How on Earth you could suggest Smith isn't about bringing young/premier league players through is beyond me, especially this season.

I mean this season we have already seen, Tsoulos, Jemery Smith, Delaney become regular members of the team. Tsoulos sadly got hurt and I might add is the only 1 of those 3 who stood up and grabbed his position by the scruff of the neck, the other 2 have done very little to nothing.

Add to that Zeb Taia and Cordoba have both got runs this season, each has played 2 games, I'd add that for each their first game was pretty good, then their second no where near as good.

It is in fact the established stars who are playing the best football this season. Hindmarsh, Tahu, Morrison and Cayless (after a slow start) have probably been our best.

Why on Earth do people think players are in premier league, its because they are not yet ready for NRL. Some people seem to think the answer is simply to promote guys who go well in the lower grades, I would have thought Delaney and Jeremy Smith's preformances so far this season would go a long way to making it clear that there is a massive gulf between first grade and premier league.

ParraAds

Juniors
A lot of people call for players in premier league to be promoted. Guys like Reddy and Williams have had a taste of first grade and perfomed well. For them to be second string to someone like Matt Petersen is outragous. Brian Smith drops Vella after he wins players player, drops John Morris after he wraps him earlier in the week, continually picks Paul Stringer, takes players off the field when they are going well, and people wonder why he hasnt won a premiership in his NRL career, the guy is a myth, cant wait for 2007.

strider

Post Whore
I'm not saying Brian doesn't make poor decisions - I agree that there are guys that should be dropped and guys that shouldn't, but Brian does some whacky sh*t.

BUT the point is everyone thinks the PL guys are f**king awesome despite never being tested in the top grade for any decent period of time ..... PL is very different.

ParraAds

Juniors
Mate PL is different...but the issue with Reddy and Williams is that they've both been given a shot, and then tossed aside. Despite playing well and being part of a winning side, its a joke, Brian Smith is a cancer on this club.

Guys like Hayne, Inu and a couple of others get talked up as first graders because they are DAMN GOOD. Their skills can't be questioned, if the side was going great we'd have no reason to demand their inclusion, but what we have now isnt cutting it, so there needs to be change.

Latest posts