What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feleti Mateo (The Saviour)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What a player!!! single handlely won that game tonight. And yes he is now our best and most important player.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Mateo is a five-eigth who has an x factor about him and the last couple of weeks we have looked good because of him and i think he is finally starting to show how good he is. Now all we need is a qaulity halfback on the outside of him and i believe if we stick with it we have a halves combo that we can finally win a comp with him.

The ony problem with Mateo is he sometimes panicks when Finch is being smashed. Its exactly how the Tigers won the comp in 05. They had one gifted player who could just do magical things like Marshall and one dominant halfback in Scott Prince.

fish eel

Immortal
The catch cry used to be 'can't win without Hindmarsh', but seriously, could anyone see us scoring, let alone win a game without Mateo?

strider

Post Whore
he's an absolute gun .... without doubt the best attacking player we have .... its such a shame things haven't panned out well in many ways - imagine a backline of tim smith, Mateo, Inu, Hayne and Grothe all in top form - it'd be scary the amount of damage they could do in attack (defence might be a little worry tho :lol:)

Bigfella

Coach
It was meant to be Tim and Feleti not Finch and Feleti.

Tim and Feleti were magic, they had thisunderstanding like Kenny and sterling........... how did we go wrong???

We never gave them a chance to play together.

The biggest tragedy since 1986 for our club.

I don't understand how so many people claimed Finch was a better half, or Feleti is not a 6.

Fact is, not only are both of them far superior in their respective positions than Finch, but when they linked together it made them BOTH better players.

Avenger

Immortal
We never gave them a chance to play together.

The biggest tragedy since 1986 for our club.

I don't understand how so many people claimed Finch was a better half, or Feleti is not a 6.

Fact is, not only are both of them far superior in their respective positions than Finch, but when they linked together it made them BOTH better players.

My tip is that Kris Keating will be made into a 7.

Avenger

Immortal
in the TYC he plays as a half with no 6 on his back

Mortimer spends a lot of time at 5/8 as well

Exactly. That is what I think will happen Twiz. Other clubs have Cronk, Thurston and Prince who have a 6 playing as a 7.

Parraren

Bench
My tip is that Kris Keating will be made into a 7.

It has to happen.

I just can't see us winning a premiership with Finch as our 7.

His 5th tackle options are terrible.

As Gould said today, Feleti is running our team - he's been simply outstanding the last 2 weeks.

Avenger

Immortal
Mateo reminds me of Jason Smith at 6 when he used to terrorise teams in the late 90's.

HevyDevy

Coach
That's because you would pass the ball to Jason Smith and he would catch it with one hand while holding a cigarrette in the other. Inredibly, after a quick puff, he would put his outside man through a gap then pull out a deck chair and sit back while the Eels ran up-field to score.

Not many players can do that ...

Gronk

Staff member
That's because you would pass the ball to Jason Smith and he would catch it with one hand while holding a cigarrette in the other. Inredibly, after a quick puff, he would put his outside man through a gap then pull out a deck chair and sit back while the Eels ran up-field to score.

Not many players can do that ...

You forgot the six pack of VB under his arm.

yy_cheng

Coach
Jason Smith reminds me of Mark Waugh. They both had so much time.

Jason played like he was in slow motion but always managed to get the ball away.

The only reason I want Mateo at 6 is because he gets more of the ball.

I'm a hard marker of Finch as I believe his executions are really poor.

But if you think about it, when Finch has been successful, it has always been with a talented 5/8th and guess what, we have a talented 5/8th.

The only problem we have now is that there is no third option.

The Finch/Smith/Mateo were the 3 options. If Mateo is off his game, we basically don't have much more to offer.

Mateo at 13 plays more the hitup game and loses his variety.

Mateo is also the one who knows how to use Inu and Hayne.