What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feleti Mateo

On Fire. Wow......... set up nearly all the trys. He has got it all. DEFENCE, attack... Everything. He is the Perfect Lock.

Kornstar

Coach
I said that last week and someone shot me down......i think he has really picked up his game, especially in defence!!

Problem is Korny HE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM in Defence. It just people don't know freaken Talent when they see it. He'll give us another dimension at Lock. He was oustanding today and has been for a few months now.

Avenger

Immortal
I watched Feleti in a premier league game earlier this year against Canterbury. It was one of the most dominating performances I have ever seen in the lower grades. I then devoted a whole thread to him titled Feleti Mateo: The Saviour.
He will play first grade next year. Hagan isn't stupid.

Eelementary said:
I still don't think he deserved to be dropped after his First Grade debut...

Yep it was a joke..... and that knocked him around alot. Having worked his way up to the top and for NO REASON to get dropped was a joke. Thanx for the memories Brian.........

Avenger

Immortal
Brian was a real f*ckwit when it came to certain players. FFS if he was still around Hayne would still be in Premier League.

Avenger

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
I still laugh my ass off when I hear that.

Can he back it up next week? Probably not.

I know its late but buddy please stop pulling yourself.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Jake the snake said:
Problem is Korny HE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM in Defence.

He was a very lazy defender in England, falling off tackles and doing his best to avoid the work. Close to the line he was also pretty weak, I'm glad he's sorted it out because he's such a brilliant young player.

Utey

Coach
How many time has he had opportunity to impress in the lower grades and simply looked unintrested? I think he is all class when his on his game but consistancy is what seperates potential to true talent.

Feleti is the most naturaully gifted player we have at our club. He has skill to burn. I know where his Poor attitude came from. And it started when he was dropped back to the Reserves in 2004 after doing nothing wrong. I know this for a Fact. After that Injuries at the wrong times came into play etc etc.

He is made for the No.13. Once he plays he will bring a whole new dimension to our game.

Avenger

Immortal
Uptheeels

The bloke in your signature was similar. It can and will happen with Mateo. He is too good.

Eelementary

Post Whore
But why did he have those issues?

I reckon it's because Smith gave him a go after impressing in the lower grades and then was dropped for no reason...He found that getting motivated was harder after this...

Utey

Coach
Eelementary said:

I reckon it's because Smith gave him a go after impressing in the lower grades and then was dropped for no reason...He found that getting motivated was harder after this...

If I were in his position, I know what Id be doing. Next week turn up to training motivated to get back there. No doubt he could be anything but with some of the performances which Ive seen (Ive made an effort to watch him closely) are very lazy and unintrested.

If you think Smith was the cause, and maybe he was. He is now gone. Have a shot Feleti.

Eelementary said:

After we lost to Melbourne in 2004 (in which the game he debuted at) Feleti was put back to the reserves because the 1st grade season was over. Brian in his wisdom decided that Feleti should go down so he can help win the 1st div title. The kid just wanted to play 1sts. He was not too happy after that. Any kid would be devestated.

Utey

Coach
Jake the snake said:
After we lost to Melbourne in 2004 (in which the game he debuted at) Feleti was put back to the reserves because the 1st grade season was over. Brian in his wisdom decided that Feleti should go down so he can help win the 1st div title. The kid just wanted to play 1sts. He was not too happy after that. Any kid would be devestated.

He then fell to Flegg if I remember right, no doubt he did nothing wrong in that game...

strider

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
Feleti is the most naturaully gifted player we have at our club. He has skill to burn. I know where his Poor attitude came from. And it started when he was dropped back to the Reserves in 2004 after doing nothing wrong. I know this for a Fact. After that Injuries at the wrong times came into play etc etc.

He is made for the No.13. Once he plays he will bring a whole new dimension to our game.
he didn't get "dropped" - he got a run in firsts cos others were injured and then went back when the regulars returned - same with ben smith - did ben drop his bundle and get dis-interested? no, he stuck to it and got himself a permenant spot in firsts

Latest posts