What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Female Refs

Rubbish. The ruck isn't even refereed consistently from game to game in the NRL.
No way to disprove this claim of yours without looking at specific instances. On the basis of evidence from England, France, NZ, PNG, and one other country, I stand by my contention of general logical consistency.

Most NRL games involve misdiagnoses by commentators. Generic terms like "holding down" are not sufficient. It's rarely as simple as that.

Gavin and Kasey Badger used to do a podcast on NRL.com. Media ignorance of Tackle and PTB laws and applications was a regular theme.

One example - many pundits and fans cannot distinguish between a knock-on (knocking the ball towards the opposition dead-ball line before the tackle is complete) and lost possession (losing control of the ball in any direction after the tackle is complete).

Apey

Staff member
It is quite amazing how much more respect the female referee gets over their male counterparts from the players.
Opposite with the fans. Read some of the subforums after a team loses a game she refs. Hell, one of the posters in this thread called her a whore among other things.

Wizardman

First Grade
Opposite with the fans. Read some of the subforums after a team loses a game she refs. Hell, one of the posters in this thread called her a whore among other things.
I agree with you regarding female refs copping it in internet land.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Is it true the NRL is not able to appoint a female ref to a Roosters game while MJ is named to play? Something about providing a safe workplace.

Nuke

Staff member
Is it true the NRL is not able to appoint a female ref to a Roosters game while MJ is named to play? Something about providing a safe workplace.
Not sure if that is a legit question or not, but surely that's not the case?
I mean, for what he's been accused of, surely there'd be no safer place than on the footy field. Dozens of HD cameras, microphones everywhere, and in front of 20-something thousand people...

Tara Jones will be the first woman to referee an English men's pro RL game this weekend when she takes charge of Oldham v Cornwall in League 1.

She's also a player at Saints in WSL and an England international.