What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFB Metal Heads

Honestly. Some 80's thrash was alright. Bands like Anthrax and Slayer absolutely sh*t me.

00's thrash, from what I've heard is awful. Some bands could be exception, if I remembered who they were. People keep telling me it's the only way metal can sound, it bloody isn't. I don't like Metallica much, which doesn't help haha.

Martli

Coach
I cranked Venom and some early Sepultura this morning BECAUSE THRASH METAL RULES!!!!!!!!!

Martli

Coach
80s hair/glam >>> thrash/homo metal...
Need I remind you MC:
australia%201986%20-%20175%20-%20Motley%20Crue.JPG

And you call thrash homo metal?

McLovin

Staff member
It's the saaaaaame ole!!! same ole situaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaashuuuuuunaaah!!!

Jason Maher

Immortal
i HATE thrash. how can anyone listen to it????

That comment on its own is enough to get you swiftly demoted from the top of the hot women list in the other thread. :x:p

Metallica FTMFW!!!

For mine metal sub-genres and endless arguments about which ones are good and which ones are sh*t are overrated. My criterea is if it sounds good, I listen to it, and f**k whatever official musical genre/sub genre it supposedly belongs to. :cool:

Martli

Coach
Genres are good for defining what kinda of music "sounds good" though. If I say I like Metal to someone then there is a whole range of sh*t that goes with that. If I say I like Death metal then suddenly it's way clearer.

I'm into Death metal and Black metal mostly, and like most thrash and a bit of melodic death metal. I don't really like metalcore or the dreamtheatre type stuff, but hold nothing against each genre as they are as much a part of metal as anything else imo.