What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFB Metal Heads

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
dude, just read the results in the paper the next day and say, "Yeah i'm quicker than them"

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ok fair point. Turisas too, other than Rasputin I f*cking love them, and Rasputin is a fairly light-hearted release. Still need Amon Amarth on vinyl, Dimmu sound awesome on it.

DragonForce...there are so many impressive power metal guitarists, I see not much special in him. I'm listening to Galneryus right now, a far superior band.

Agreed, on all counts.

Li is OK - his technical ability is sound, without being fantastic. But he can play fast - that's all.

Martli

Coach
Cradle of Filth aren't black metal

Gotta be true to be black metal. Mayhem, Immortal, Darkthrone! HAILZ

Garts

Bench
Not really into thrash. The heaviest I like is Metallica, System of a Down, Taproot etc. Not into the Death Metal stuff, my cousin tried to get me into stuff like Morbid Angel when I was younger but was not really into it and I thought he was a little odd so I figured it could not be that good. Used to like a bit of Pantera but not sure what that is classed as.

adamkungl

Immortal
Not really into thrash. The heaviest I like is Metallica, System of a Down, Taproot etc. Not into the Death Metal stuff, my cousin tried to get me into stuff like Morbid Angel when I was younger but was not really into it and I thought he was a little odd so I figured it could not be that good. Used to like a bit of Pantera but not sure what that is classed as.

Metallica is the biggest thrash band evar... well, there 90s stuff wasnt thrash, but their 80s stuff was the sh*t

Martli

Coach
Just a question why are all the black metal bands made up of white men and not black men?

Christ you are a tool.

The black doesn't refer to race, Black Metal was an album by Venom (awesome album) and the name was used as a genre for a lot of the satanic stuff that was inspired by Venom that was coming out of Scandinavia in the late 80s/early 90s.

Agreed, on all counts.

Li is OK - his technical ability is sound, without being fantastic. But he can play fast - that's all.

Pretty much. Whereas you look at bands like Helloween, can play fast but actually make it sound good.

Cradle of Filth aren't black metal

Gotta be true to be black metal. Mayhem, Immortal, Darkthrone! HAILZ

COF are not far from heavy metal these days imo.

We can never be together.

My ipod car playlist is pretty much constant 80s trash, with some heavy doses of Sabbath, Maiden, Machine Head

I'll listen to any Sabbath and Maiden. Machine Head aren't bad, bit inconsistent but they have some good songs.

Metallica is the biggest thrash band evar... well, there 90s stuff wasnt thrash, but their 80s stuff was the sh*t

That fact could never be denied. Mainly because no-one put a challenge to them I suppose. Their 80s stuff isn't all bad, I got Master Of Puppets on vinyl. I cannot stand anything they've done since...hmm...Load and ReLoad (bar a few songs).
Though Slayer, Pantera...I can't stand them.

80's heavy metal ftw. F*cking love it. Powerslave ftw.

Last edited:

Martli

Coach
Meh, load and reload were sh*t. Black album is cool, but for different reasons to the earlier stuff. Everything before that is awesome.

Haha. St. Anger too.
I heard a few songs from Death Magnetic, I don't see what's so good about them. Some are ok, like All Nightmare Long.

My Apocalypse is awful imo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah, I love Helloween...Iced Earth...Blind Guardian...Kamelot...HammerFall...

Then Emperor...Satyricon...Immortal...Burzum...DARKTHRONE...

Then Strapping Young Lad...Devin Townsend...

Then Kataklysm...Bloodbath...Opeth...Scar Symmetry....Soilwork....Disarmonia Mundi...Katatonia....Children Of Bodom...

And too many more to mention.

Latest posts