What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFB Metal Heads

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
been hammering Rob Zombie since I saw them at Soundwave

Dead I am the one, exterminating son................

Martli

Coach
Just got my record player working, waited almost a week to get a new stylus. Ordered $360 worth of vinyl from France, something like 12 LPs. Looking forward to them. Current LPs are sounding mean.

perverse

Referee
yeah, cheers Eele. right up my alley. it's a nice instrumental. not sure how far their current vocals can take them, tbh.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its on Austar every Tuesday Night about 11 our time on MTV (ch810)

There is certainly some crap like 80s hair band stuff which has nothing to do with metal, but there is also some pretty good stuff from bands I've never seen before.

Well worth a look, I'm recording the whole series.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its shit, nothing but pop music

when they play Bon Jovi it makes a mockery out of metal imo

adamkungl

Immortal
What was regarded as heavy metal in the 70s and 80s is very different to now. Using less cringeworthy examples, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Guns n Roses were all considered heavy metal.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Meh. "Such and such is not metal" is always code for "I think such and such is shit". Why not just say it's shit, instead of trying to act like some sort of gatekeeper over the (very) broad church of Heavy Metal? As far as I'm concerned, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, and Blue Oyster Cult are metal. AC/DC, Motorhead, and Aerosmith are metal. Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are metal. Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, and Poison are metal. Metallica, Slayer, and Pantera are metal. A whole bunch of Scandinavian bands whose names I can't recall or pronounce are metal. et. etc. etc.

Listen to what you like, hang shit on what you don't like, but don't try and pretend your personal preferences define the genre.