What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFBRL Live Results: Round 12

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Hi All

I just wanted to introduce myself as the new Vipers coach.

Welcome! Enjoy the Vipers. :)

Bushy has let me know I can caretaker the Tigers. An announcement will be made shortly as to their new team name.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Tiges announce the signing of:

Clint Greenshields
Richie Mathers
Brett Delaney
Oliver Elima
Ben Creagh
Leeson Ah Mau
Michael Monaghan
Kris Keating
Peter Wallace

Tigers drop Matt Diskin

Drew-Sta

Staff member
NEWS FLASH

220px-Pope_Francis_2013.jpg

In a stunning move by the Vatican today, Pope Francis has announced the purchase of the Copenhagen United Nations Tigers as a new bid by the Catholic Church to get in touch with the common man in the Australian Firkin Fun Bar Rugby League competition.

"We are delighted to tell people of our new acquisition," the pontiff reported. "The Tigers are a real underdog team, and were on the road to financial ruin. However, we saw it as our Christian duty to love this side by buying it and caring for it over the remainder of the season. An act of good will, you might say."

The Vatican Bank did not elucidate the exact amount it bought the Tigers for, but it did suggest it came cheap.

Asked about the name, Francis was frank in his admission that a name change was needed.

"We felt the Copenhagen name needed a revamp," he said seriously. "So we're relocating the side to Malta and calling it the 'Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta'. Their mascot will be the Crusader, and they will play out of Vatican City. The team name is in honour of St John, the patron saint, and he no doubt is thrilled by it.'

ST.JOHN-CRUSADERS-KNIGHT.jpg

The long name will be shortened to just St John's Crusaders for simplicity's sake, but the full name will be painted on the Vatican City stadium.

"We also announce the signing of Tim Sheens, the supercoach, to coach this side for the remainder of the year," Francis said excitedly, ushering out the former Tigers, Cowboys and Raiders coach. "Sheenius is the right man for the job."

"Thanks everyone," Sheens said. "I look forward to working with Francis, saying my penance for past deeds and also beg Commissioner Misanthrope the opportunity to sign Benji Marshall to our side for the remainder of the season in a bid to remain competitive."

Tim-Sheens--001.jpg

Commissioner Misanthrope has not yet responded, but is likely to agree for a care package of Vegemite and white toast with melted butter. An update on Benji's limbo status will be given as soon as we hear it.

MrCharisma

Bench
Sydney Vipers announce the signing of free agents David Klemmer and Adam Blair.

Beau Champion and Manese Manuokafoa have been released to the open market.

Since he is in the Player Pool, Churr Bros announce the signing of Tony Williams. Will be double checking other sides now.

MrCharisma

Bench
FFBRL NEWS

Israel's finance minister on Sunday announced that effective immediately they would no longer support the Jerusalem Vipers, claiming they a waste of money. The tough speech by Finance Minister Yair Lapid follows the collapse of FFBRL brokered talks and ultimately forces the franchise out of the middle east. Minister Yair Lapid also claimed that funds should be re-routed to their efforts to win upcoming events including the World Cup, Olympics and Eurovision.

In a twist of fate, the Vipers have been able to remain in the FFBRL competition.

The Vipers franchise will relocate to the Rugby League spiritual homelands of Sydney, Australia thanks to the efforts of an anonymous backer.

Jerusalem Vipers leave the middle east with lasting impressions of victory after defeating the South Canberra Knights in front of a crowd of 26,000.

The Vipers take on Springfield this weekend and while injuries and representative football will force the squad to make changes, you can ensure that these won't be the only changes.

CHURR CLEAN-OUT

A handful of New Zealand Churr Bro players have been shown the door after a club dispute where players were not in the Churr spirit. This includes Beau Ryan who proceeded to fall on his funny bone and retire.

The New Zealand Churr Bros, following their clean-out wish to announce the following signings.

Tony Williams
Ben Hunt
Bryce Cartwright
Kurt Mann
Ngani Laumape
Kenneath Bromwich
David Mead
Dale Finucane
Ben Hampton

Beau Ryan, Mitchell Garbutt, Martin Kennedy, Michael McIllorum, Adam Quinlan, Antonio Winterstein and Sosaia Feki have all been shown the door.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Crusaders drop Michael Lett and pick up Beau Ryan for a short term contract.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Also, is Manu Ma'u still available?

If so, I'd like to grab him at the expense of Lopini Paea. I think he's an 8/7. I can't find him in the database.

Latest posts