What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFBRL Trade Discussion

afinalsin666

First Grade
Official response

The Raymond Terrace Tanks are happy to confirm the signing of Bird and Matulino.

"We're sad to see Walshy go, but we received an offer we couldn't refuse" said struggling coach afinalsin666.

In other news, Mongolia have released Gallen and Lyon to the oxymorons. "We desperately need depth, and we have a surplus of players on those positions. My sides have bad luck with injuries, so we need to keep some depth. These signings allow for that."

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Spoof given the opportunity to caretaker a second team the trade loophole is to initiate trades to strengthen main team and pillage the second?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Seems odd I know, but I believe the decision is in the best interests of Brasilia (now the Silverbacks). I needed an additional prop as we were light on there and I needed a utility to cover my backline issues and another strong winger / centre since Morris is injurred.

Sure, they're big players, but Reynolds will be up for upgrade I believe, Shillington is consistent and Cudjoe is young and getting better, so could hit a 9 in time if he keeps up the form he is in for the ESL.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Spoof given the opportunity to caretaker a second team the trade loophole is to initiate trades to strengthen main team and pillage the second?

No, not keen on doing that. To give reference:

10/6 - JT
9/8 - Thaiday

For

8/7 - Reynolds (utility)
8/8 - Shill (and a prop, something I'm light on)
8/7 - Cudjoe

It wasn't a dud deal. Stats are important, but not the only thing to consider. Mu'a has a pretty weak pack compared to the Silverbacks and thats after I've traded Thaiday.

whall15

Coach
I can understand the concern, the Oxymorons are considerably depleted now in terms of depth but I'm still confident that we'll be able to put together a quality side.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
My concern is that you guys are acquiring players you wouldn't otherwise have gotten. Whether the trades are fair in terms of skill is less of the question compared to the means with which they've been acquired.

Has that insider trading feel to it.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
That's not entirely fair. I'm trying to build a better squad and you can only do that by trading. I haven't got a lot to trade (Thaiday and JT were the two jewels so to speak) so I needed to use them to get what I need.

I think you'll find I'll perform better now I have a more rounded squad for the Silverbacks.

I wouldn't trade Silverbacks to Mu'a though.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I'll put my trades to a vote if you's want. I can understand the concerns. Plus the untraded players get added to the draft post season, so I can definitely see more reason for it.

What do you chaps think? Yay or nay?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Happy to put mine up to vote as well. I feel AFS's idea holds merit.

Trade of:

Thurston and Thaiday (Brasilia, now Silverbacks)

for

Reynolds, Shillington and Cudjoe (Oxymorons)

Didgi

Nothing about this is fair...

In ASRL a board votes on any potentially unfair trade, the same should be done here.

I have no issue with afinalsin's trade. I do object to uncoached teams losing their main attractions/star players.

whall15

Coach
I asked Mis yesterday.

We're not allowed to trade with ourselves (for obvious reasons) but we're allowed to trade with other teams aren't we?

Sure can. Just as long as there are no suspiciously one sided trades, you're good to go.

The first trade was an average value of 8 in exchange for an average value of 7.7, not a massive disparity.

The second trade between an average value of 7.5 in exchange for an average value of 8. Again not a massive disparity.

Finally the third trade was between an average value of 8.25 in exchange for an average value of 7.35. Not a big deal especially once you consider that an additional player was involved.

Last edited:

Didgi

I'll have to consult my record of magpie's meltdowns but I don't think anyone's used averages before.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Fair call Didgi. I can understand your perpsective. I have a feeling most people will probably see this in the same light as you. I'm happy to retract the trade.

whall15

Coach
I use averages weighted for form when I select my team on a weekly basis so it is directly relevant.

I had Tony Williams for example who is now your player, he is a 7/6 player with an average score of 6.5, I preferred Ryan James even though he was weaker in attack because he has an average score of 7.

whall15

Coach
Proof of how long I've used average.

Average Attributes

Baltimore (Cliffy) Att - 6.59 Def - 6.27
Brasilia (PWA) Att - 7.36 Def - 6.88
Copenhagen (DragonPunk) Att - 6.84 Def - 5.92
Cucamonga (dogslife) Att - 5.12 Def - 4.4
Jacksonville (Dutchy) Att - 7.08 Def - 6.44
Kvam (thorson) Att - 6.56 Def - 6.2
Mongolia (RHCP) Att - 6.9 Def - 6.14
Mu'a (Drew) Att - 7.03 Def - 6.38
Multiple (Didgi) Att - 7.31 Def - 6.59
New England (Mis) Att - 7.14 Def - 6.59
New Zealand (NT) Att - 7.33 Def - 6.36 * - NT is over the player cap with 30 players
Oxymorons (whall15) Att - 7.34 Def - 6.52
Pecan (BDR) Att - 7.52 Def - 6.56
Raymond Terrace (afs) Att - 6.84 Def - 6
Shenzhen (soc) Att - 6.6 Def - 6.46
Sittsburg (Frederick) Att - 6.96 Def - 6.16
Smileys (Smiley) Att - 7.3 Def - 6.44
Sooky (JM) Att - 6.93 Def - 6.29
South Canberra (Bazal) Att - 7.28 Def - 6.36
Titty Ho (KTF) Att - 7.16 Def - 6.63 *over the player cap at 30
Victorious (Bazzi) Att - 6.53 Def - 5.97
Wentworth Street (HowHigh) Att - 6.88 Def - 6.48

Teams with less players will have an artificially inflated average score.