What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ffffggggggaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quigs

Immortal
I agree dumb farkups towards the end cost us. But on experience you can always tell when sides like Manly start to get the run of the whistle. Its like a snowball that justs keeps getting bigger.

It happens too frequently to be a rare event.

Watch Donkeys games... or games with sides with coaches like Bennett. The refs have predetermined outcomes on what is likely to happen. Something happens on the field and the commentators immediately say "that was un"enter teamname here" like. That is not how they play the game.

"Its not their style" we wont ping them.

If you watch a lot of the Donkeys games when Bennett was coaching, a lot of regular penalties were overlooked, why.

He has the refs conned, its happening with the Stains now. Soward is protected fodder.

Its the same with sides like Manly. Although IMO the refs are concerned about Dessie going ballistic in public about their performances.

Anyhow the character building continues - it's great to be a Sharks supporter.

Long may we stand alone.

The Popper

Bench
It was shades of 78 for mine, Quigs. The refereeing was blatantly biased. Fair dinkum, I've just about had a gutful. My missus doesn't go to games anymore because she reckons the results of some games are predetermined. After tonight's rort I'm inclined to agree.
Anyhow, on the bright side, something happened at the Leagues Club after the game. I didn't go back to the club but as I was leaving the ground, police cars were coming from everywhere...east and west. So there must've been some sort of donnybrook. Don't these fools in pink realise the social problems they cause. :crazy:

Feej

First Grade
Agree with the dumb mistakes, but the other mob got a major leg up from the ref in 2nd half.

And surely there was more that 15k at the game? Saw two chicks go to get drinks at the 20min mark in the first half, and came back at around the same time in the second half. I thought it was closer to 17k? Maybe they didn't count all the freebees for the mums and dads of all the kids that did their thing at halftime?

Quigs

Immortal
Just hope all those delightful little kiddies didn't hear the 15 thousand respond to the bounce of the ball at the 79minute 57 second mark of the game.

Feej

First Grade
There were a few kids sitting around me in the PBS and I think they may have had quite an education from the rest of us....

Ausguy

Coach
just got home... this farked our season.

13-0 with 20 to go... great teams win by 30, good teams win, sh*t teams lose without going to golden point.

im furious... gallen hold the ball!!! you are the captain...

also why did he swap sides for parts of that second half?

whilst he is a machine he stiffles our attack something shocking

shadowboxer

First Grade
That was our history summed up in one game.

i agree and disagree - cant really talk about it but yeah that sums it up. I wonder why i dont take my kids to the game. I was livid, but sort of expected it. Pity too....big crowd and good weather and they couldnt close it out.

As a club, team, spirit, religion....they are the hardest thing ive had to deal with in my 40 somehting years on this planet, and that is saying alot....ivr had a few tonight..judge me as u will...

ps - i have 3 kids and a very very understanding wife

Last edited:

The Popper

Bench
Me too, Shadow. Following this lot since the inception has just about destroyed my mind and my spirit. However tonight, whilst we did make some errors, I firmly believe that the criminals in pink blew the disease from the northern beaches back into the game.......and they try to tell us games aren't rigged. bullsh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

Stoner Rock

Juniors
Tonight we saw a classic example of what is wrong with the 2-ref system. In the back end of the game Lyons was refereeing us and doing a pretty good job of keeping us onside. Meanwhile Cecchin was ignoring persistent and blatant off-sides by up to 5-Manly players at a time.

The result was that Manly got a leg-up every time they brought it out from their line despite some great defense, whereas we struggled to make ground against defenders who eventually weren't even attempting to get back onside.

The better team lost. Sure, they made some errors but Manly got incredibly lucky and once again benefitted from the actions of incompetent officials.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Me too, Shadow. Following this lot since the inception has just about destroyed my mind and my spirit. However tonight, whilst we did make some errors, I firmly believe that the criminals in pink blew the disease from the northern beaches back into the game.......and they try to tell us games aren't rigged. bullsh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
you know tonight just about tore it for me. But we are still here i guess, i am just 1988, 1999 dirty...

gUt

Coach
You guys were the better side. The refs gave it to Manly. One crucial call the refs got wrong was when Aiton dropped the intercept... it was a forward pass anyway. First error should have been against Manly.

Ausguy

Coach
the worst one was before fat boys try.

the double knock on... when is the advantage played? surely after the attacking team passes the ball the advantage is taken?

f**k them... over it and its not worth my stress. we are the sharks no one but us cares

You've been drinking more than me, try one finger typing.

stone cold sober mate

however rage will do things to man. and so will iphone typing

i dont care about the reffs calls.

we didnt just murder this game. we got tips from ivan milat.

Quigs

Immortal
And just to top the night right off....

Paris got a hatrick for the Windsor Reserve Grade.

Latest posts