What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fien report

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
He still can't make the team!

He can't make a team that has rep quality players throughout the backline, unlike other wannabe halves who can't even make a team that Rovelli can.

Maybe Moon should take up goalkicking, if he gets his percentages up far enough he'll be impossible to leave out of the team.

lockyno1

Post Whore
He still can't make the team!

a) Hodges is back

b) Moon was carrying an injury and even if picked he would be no chance of playing tonight anyway.

c) where is he going to play- centres are full, 5/8 is Lockyer and the two locks are Carroll and Eastwood who are Internationals!

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I think Kemp is going to be doing the kicking. Thats if he can get a spot over Solomona or Kirk.

ozbash

Referee
[Q Better finisher and quicker.[/QUOTE]

rather have manu and malo.

he's gotta do more than finish.

wittyfan

Referee
Yes becuase we have Ennis and Parker who are just as good!

You really don't like my boy Joel do you!:lol:

I looked up Kemp's stats and he hasn't kicked a goal since he kicked one for the Clydesdales in 2006!

Some kicker! :lol:

This seems like a pretty mad decision to me, unless we're secretly going after some star halfback signing. I can't see how the management can take a look at our halves and think "You know what, we're really not going to need Fein after next year. He could even start looking at offers and leave at the end of 2008 if he wants."

As far as I can tell our halves combination after Fein moves on would be intended to be Moon & Rovelli. Which really doesn't strike me as terribly impressive. So hopefully they're not crazy and Peter Wallace or someone similar is coming to the club!

Micistm

Bench
This seems like a pretty mad decision to me, unless we're secretly going after some star halfback signing. I can't see how the management can take a look at our halves and think "You know what, we're really not going to need Fein after next year. He could even start looking at offers and leave at the end of 2008 if he wants."

As far as I can tell our halves combination after Fein moves on would be intended to be Moon & Rovelli. Which really doesn't strike me as terribly impressive. So hopefully they're not crazy and Peter Wallace or someone similar is coming to the club!

I agree; it's just got me head scratching, It would be nice to explain reasoning behind it- If he's 'not in the plans', then hopefully there IS a plan somewhere! My only theory is bringing up some U/20s, and freeing up cash to keep as many as poss on good contracts. Doesn't explain why Feins told before a certain #7 he's not required though. It just doesn't make sense.

I still believe Witt at 6, Fein at 7 was a combo that could have worked very well if given a PROPER chance...with the added bonus of a out & out goalkicker there.
Ravs...sigh...what else can you say? Certainly decent guy, certainly tries his heart out...but if you're not a superstar with the turn on&off brilliance-If you're just a solid worker-You have to be consistant! Sorry Ravs