What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to the ????

georgesnmith

Juniors
good signing but do the dogs need more ball playing forwards?

wouldve been a much better fit at souths with their loss of burgess and dogs to chase an attacking fullback.

still hasler has his plan and its a good signing

and if it is for $750,000 pa which is too much for a forward then souths couldve kept burgess for similar money

no way id pay that for any forward except cameron smith

much better to throw the bank at a 7 like DCE or Thurston (say 1.5 - 2 million pa)

I like the way News LTD said "the roosters were never pursuing Fifita too hard" after they claimed that we were.

Canterbury will have the fattest forward pack and nuffiest halves and outside backs ever seen.

man2iel_

Juniors
I'd have preferred Fifita showed Cronulla some love as opposed to beef up an already MASSIVE Doggies pack. Great signing. An indicator Graham may be replacing Sam Burgess over Souths way? Possibly.

As above, the money being talked about for Fifita is way over the mark for what I'd pay a prop.

man2iel_

Juniors
Remember with salary cap inflation 750 isnt what it used to be.

Not forgotten, but good point made. I just wouldn't pay $750k for Fifita or any prop in the game today. I'd look at investing that much in a hooker the calibre of Cameron Smith, perhaps Robbie Farrah if we were discussing the front row however.

Big Sam

First Grade
I thought the ear muncher just re-signed for the Dogs. Not sure how he could be linked to us.

man2iel_

Juniors
I thought the ear muncher just re-signed for the Dogs. Not sure how he could be linked to us.

My bad. Contracts matter now if all parties agree? ;-)

If Fifita is coming to the Doggies who are also looking at a young long term fullback (well let's hope so as Perrett ain't the answer), clearing up cap room and releasing Graham wouldn't be an issue.

Big Sam

First Grade
My bad. Contracts matter now if all parties agree? ;-)

If Fifita is coming to the Doggies who are also looking at a young long term fullback (well let's hope so as Perrett ain't the answer), clearing up cap room and releasing Graham wouldn't be an issue.

But they just re-signed him i.e. he would've been a free agent as of October.

Looks to me like Pritchard, Kasiano, and Tolman will be let go.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'm against paying $750,000 for him. I wouldn't pay more than $500,000 - but that's just me. I would prefer to keep Graham who would command less and spend the excess money on a young up and comer in the backs. We've got too many forwards already.

But they just re-signed him i.e. he would've been a free agent as of October.

Looks to me like Pritchard, Kasiano, and Tolman will be let go.

I don't think Graham has re-signed yet, but:

Tolman re-signed to 2017;
Pritchard re-signed to 2016; and
Kasiano is under contract until the end of 2015.

Unless there is some major player deals being done, you'd have to think the Graham is definitely gone.

nick87

Coach
such a strange signing... their pack isnt the problem.

Still good news, he stays in league and the Bulldogs arent any better with that signing.