What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to the ????

There is far more to this than has come out so far.
From what I've heard Fifita's actual contract was much more than the $850,000 that's been reported, and something closer to the $1M mark. This contract would have had them in deep shit with the salary cap.

Brutus

Referee
Go play for GWS you fat fool!!

The Bulldogs have gone up tenfold in my estimation.

Well done Doggies!!!!

Best RL news in a while.

Dogs Of War

Coach
It depends how much of it was 3rd party deals. If it was $250k or so he wasn't being paid overs. It was the Bulldogs just taking advantage of what they could offer him.

How does this round 13 clause work? Can anybody sign Milford prior to that date or just the Raiders?

:D

Just the raiders. Wish we could though.

God-King Dean

Immortal
tumblr_inline_n342m2BVyR1s1fr1q.gif

insert.pause

First Grade
It depends how much of it was 3rd party deals. If it was $250k or so he wasn't being paid overs. It was the Bulldogs just taking advantage of what they could offer him.

How does this round 13 clause work? Can anybody sign Milford prior to that date or just the Raiders?

:D

no, only raiders can.

gronkathon

First Grade
Maybe they watched the Knights game plan from the weekend and figured out he is a weapon but an easily exploited liability in defence

georgesnmith

Juniors
http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...-andrew-fifita-deal/wso2x9mzjcas1qaiw95x1xj9o

Canterbury have sensationally torn up Andrew Fifita's contract following his comments that he wished he'd move to rugby instead of signing with the Bulldogs.

Fifita was due to join the Dogs in 2015 on a four-year deal worth $850,000 a season but is back on the open market after the shock decision to terminate his contract.

Several NRL clubs are now poised to move in on the explosive front-rower, with a shift to rugby union firmly back on the agenda.

He may also remain at current club Cronulla.

The official line from Canterbury is that talks between the club and Fifita broke down after a deal was agreed to, but the Dogs are known to be furious over his attitude towards joining them.

"After signing a Memorandum of Understanding with Andrew we've not been able to agree on the final terms of his NRL Playing Contract and have ceased negotiations with his management," Bulldogs chief executive Raelene Castle said.

“We wish Andrew all the best for the future."

Fifitas Management Group I.am Athlete Management added: "Andrew is disappointed that we could not finalise terms with the Bulldogs but we still have several options in the pipeline to explore."

Fifita said last week: "If I could go back now, I wish I chose rugby and then I wouldn't be getting all the s*** I've been catching now.

"I grew up playing rugby so it was one of the best things.

"It's always going to be there and I will eventually go to union.

"It's another dream and I just want to chase another dream.

"I've pretty much got everything in rugby league except a premiership and that's all I really want, and to win an Origin series."

insert.pause

First Grade
It took the Dogs a week to cut him loose after he said the comments? :lol: I smell bullshit

if they are third party deals that have fallen through at the dogs end then they could have been connected to the club, there were stories running about board members being furious about his comments and wanted to tear up his deal, anyone of those board members could have connections to a third party arrangement.

Will be very interesting times now for Mr Fifita.

He has basically come out and had a thinly veiled stab at Cronulla fans who have obviously given it to him big time for signing elsewhere.

Now that deal is off I'm not sure if he can just sit back and go for option 2 which was to stay at the sharks. I reckon the Sharks would be having some pretty serious second thoughts about it now considering what was said. Plus he probably showed his hand a little with his performance on the weekend. I think he was of the opinion that he could just cruise out this year.

Pretty sure that Souths have already moved on.

Suddenly we are getting down to options 4 and 5 in Rugby League.

He may be forced to go to Union and I'm not entirely sure that Union has the sort of money that he was looking at with the Dogs.

Probably cost himself the best part of $200k per year now.

Latest posts