What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to the ????

maccattack

Juniors
I wonder if this will have a knock on effect in that any player who says he is talking with other codes is read as not being committed to the game so therefore not worth top dollar.

They are effectively talking their value down. All things being equal, id rather sign a player who wants to play league than one who play any old sport.

Shorty

Staff member
Classic "if we can't have him, nobody can", play by the Dogs. Even if they couldn't afford him, they drove his price up to ensure that no one else could even approach him. Now they've pulled the pin and basically gifted him to a rival code.
Better off without him.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Eels should offer him 100k a season for April fools joke,having a multi-million dollar contract torn up and then getting offered 100k by the wooden spooners = WIN

Edwahu

Bench
I guess that 600k sponsorship allowance got harder to fill after this comments.

Last edited:

Ausguy

Coach
If Cronulla offer him a contract they are seriously kidding themselves

You are nuts.

The sharks need players like him right now.... at 500K not 800 though.

Regardless of yur thoughts on him as a bloke, he will attract other players and clubs need to think about it without the bullshit emotion.

oikee

Juniors
Three cheers for the Doggies, hip hip, hooray.
When is Burgess and his brothers and dunny bill going. Just go you waste of spaces, at least we can now give their money to league juniors.
Lesson learned NRL.
No player bigger than the game,
Next one to sack, Gould and rabbits warren for drooling over these muppets.
NRL, now shut the damm backdoor, the draft has turned into a brisk breeze, close the loopholes.
Fans are now bored with this cross code nonsense, send em to french rugby for punishment, and take Mark Gasnier with them.

Anyone who says they enjoy grubby union, sack them.

Last edited:
Are they just saving face?

Hasler probably thought why invest so much money in a guy who doesn't even want to play the sport

So much this.

I reckon Hasler read Fifita's comments on Friday and just thought "Tony Williams mark II".

I mean, Fifita basically just said that his heart is in Union and he is killing time in League.

Definitely not the sort of thing you want to hear from a bloke who has just signed the biggest contract in the history of his position.

Canard

Immortal
Mole claiming that the deal was terminated "mutually" due to third party deal drama.

Off to Union it seems.

perverse

Referee
How much do you think Union can pay him, in all honesty? Personally I think he was talking straight out of his arsehole when he brought up Union.

I don't think he'll find a lack of suitors in the NRL willing to pay ~$500k. The Knights were talking to him until it was revealed what the Dogs were prepared the pay. I'm sure we're not the only club that needs a good prop for next year.

Latest posts