What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to the ????

Bulldog Force

Referee
Glad to see on channel 9 news that Fifita is suing the Bulldogs for 3.2 million . I say good on him. What the dogs did was an outrage. They played with his families life, and must be fined heavily by the NRL.
What sort of grubby club offers a player the largest contract in their history, only to renege? The bulldogs are a filthy disgraceful and disruptive organisation. Andrew Fifita dodged a massive bullet. He's one lucky boy.

:lol: Sued on what grounds? Verbal agreement? :lol: Nice, what proof is there against the Bulldogs? :lol:

Ausguy

Coach
You obviously haven't been to a Bulldogs home game. As the team card is being displayed, the announcer says "Sponsored by Jaycar Electronics is (insert player name)" - usually the marquee players are signed with the major sponsor.

In this case, it would've been "And sponsored by (insert company name) is Andrew Fifita." I would've pulled out of that too after his comments!

HAHAHAHAHA do you think they are the 3rd party sponsors? :lol::lol::lol:

They are match day sponsors dumbass.

Ausguy

Coach
She actually used it as a reason why they backed out... pretty much said we agreed on a MOU but not a contract.

Ooooops.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Given that Castle said it in the media 50 times i suggest one exists.

The content is what is the problem.

I suggest AF's Manager has a copy.
I can't see anything here falling Fifita's way though. Just my 2 cents. If the Sharks are going to be paying him $700,000 a year, a figure likely to be what the Bulldogs would have offered him, what are the grounds for suing the club? Again, $850,000 was a b/s figure and Castle stated that was not true!

Ausguy

Coach
Of course she would say that. She is trying to remain calm even though she is shitting herself.

The figure she was reffering to was CAP figure only IMO.

perverse

Referee
HAHAHAHAHA do you think they are the 3rd party sponsors? :lol::lol::lol:

They are match day sponsors dumbass.
As much as I support your BF is a dumbarse position, I know the Knights call out one of a players 3rd party sponsors when they announce the team on game day. Wouldn't surprise me if the Dogs did it too.

At least I'm pretty certain they do, unless they call out the same game day sponsor for each player 12 times a year.

Dutchy

Immortal
At least I'm pretty certain they do, unless they call out the same game day sponsor for each player 12 times a year.

---

The end bit.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Alright well if Fifita successfully sues The Bulldogs to the tune of $3,200,000, I'll give administrators of this website permission to ban me ;-)

Card Shark

Immortal
As much as I support your BF is a dumbarse position, I know the Knights call out one of a players 3rd party sponsors when they announce the team on game day. Wouldn't surprise me if the Dogs did it too.

Correct me if I'm wrong...Aren't these sponsors arranged by the club & $ are paid to the club. Think 3rd party sponsors are different. 3rd party sponsors can't also be sponsors of the club but these types of sponsors are club sponsors.

All players have had match day individual sponsors for years at the Sharks, like other clubs would. If suggest it has been going on well before the 3rd party sponsor idea came about a few years ago.

Latest posts