What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to the ????

GONZO72

Juniors
Glad to see on channel 9 news that Fifita is suing the Bulldogs for 3.2 million . I say good on him. What the dogs did was an outrage. They played with his families life, and must be fined heavily by the NRL.
What sort of grubby club offers a player the largest contract in their history, only to renege? The bulldogs are a filthy disgraceful and disruptive organisation. Andrew Fifita dodged a massive bullet. He's one lucky boy.

MarkC

Juniors
The story from the Dogs is their original offer was $650K cap, $150 TPP (as per GI at Souths) and the official story from the Dogs CEO is that the Dogs offer never changed and they stood by their offer at all times.

Any stories in the media from Fifita and his management are not proven unless someone can produce written documentation which supports their story.

Let the courts sort it out but I expect Fifita to loose as I am more inclined to believe the Dogs CEO. If she has got her facts wrong it is not a great start in the new job.

Last edited:

dogslife

Coach
Glad to see on channel 9 news that Fifita is suing the Bulldogs for 3.2 million . I say good on him. What the dogs did was an outrage. They played with his families life, and must be fined heavily by the NRL.
What sort of grubby club offers a player the largest contract in their history, only to renege? The bulldogs are a filthy disgraceful and disruptive organisation. Andrew Fifita dodged a massive bullet. He's one lucky boy.

:lol: End yourself.

If I had $3.2 million for every Weidler exclusive that panned out, I'd be broke and living with my mum again. A bit like you.

Guzzler

Juniors

Fifita is a dipshit much like you.

Seriously get off your parents computer and find yourself a good man

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I think he is simply angry that Cronulla reduced their amount and in the end he went from dreaming of riding the bench for the next 5 years earning massive $$$ to now having to work for his next contract.

Frailty

First Grade
If the Bulldogs have done anything dodgy, they deserve to get penalised in some manner.

Couldn't care less, as long as he gets his mind back on football and improves his form.

GONZO72

Juniors
Fifita is a dipshit much like you.

Seriously get off your parents computer and find yourself a good man

Guzzler, you are just a one eyed stupid drunk. No one cares what a drunk thinks. Go find a quiet corner and a bottle of vodka and grow up.

GONZO72

Juniors
:lol: End yourself.

If I had $3.2 million for every Weidler exclusive that panned out, I'd be broke and living with my mum again. A bit like you.

Dogs breath, you are just a pathetic bandwagon Bullgrub supporter. You will defend your grubby club no matter what. The dogs reneged on his deal moron, wake up and smell the roses, and take off your pathetic grub glasses. Maybe you and your loser mate the drunk, should get together and compare notes. You have so much in common.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Dogs breath, you are just a pathetic bandwagon Bullgrub supporter. You will defend your grubby club no matter what. The dogs reneged on his deal moron, wake up and smell the roses, and take off your pathetic grub glasses. Maybe you and your loser mate the drunk, should get together and compare notes. You have so much in common.

Gonzo, what don't you understand, the Bulldogs did not back out of the deal, the SPONSOR who was going to be paying Fifita did, and that's because of the comments he wrote about rugby league and wishing he'd sign with union instead.

Let me ask you something, serious question. If you were going to be paying a player $600,000 a year (let's just say that's what it was considering it?s common knowledge that 850k is known to be b/s), would you want this player representing your company and saying bad things about the code? Yes or no?

Ausguy

Coach
But 3rd party deals arent known to the public... so how is the representation obvious to anyone?

GONZO72

Juniors
Fifita only said those comments after he realised the 850K deal wouldn't be honoured. I've heard him say it 3 times, unless it was his brother impersonating him. The deal was the richest in the bulldogs history, they even said it. It changed, and it wasn't fixed.
Would you be happy and still sign for a figure substantially less than what was offered earlier? You should be thrilled, he's not worth 850K.
Will the bulldogs compensate him? Maybe not what he wants, but it will be something .

Pierced Soul

First Grade
the stuff i've seen written is that there was a substantial difference between the contract agreed to initially and the contract the dogs ended up "officially" giving him. Fifita's comments about union apparently were a direct result of this

the dogs under Castle have had this contract debacle, as well as their blatent lies regarding why they didnt remove a concussed player from the field "the trainer was attending to another player" who just happened to be sitting on the bench 50m away from where the trainer was... interesting times at belmore...

ek999

First Grade
Kent came up with Tolman being treated, he actually treated Klemmer and Perrett just before the drop out and had his back turned behind the dead ball line when the tackle that concussed Jackson took place.

We deserved a fine for it no doubt, but we didn't lie in our submissions.

Bulldog Force

Referee
But 3rd party deals arent known to the public... so how is the representation obvious to anyone?

You obviously haven't been to a Bulldogs home game. As the team card is being displayed, the announcer says "Sponsored by Jaycar Electronics is (insert player name)" - usually the marquee players are signed with the major sponsor.

In this case, it would've been "And sponsored by (insert company name) is Andrew Fifita." I would've pulled out of that too after his comments!

bluey

Bench
Gonzo, what don't you understand, the Bulldogs did not back out of the deal, the SPONSOR who was going to be paying Fifita did, and that's because of the comments he wrote about rugby league and wishing he'd sign with union instead.

Let me ask you something, serious question. If you were going to be paying a player $600,000 a year (let's just say that's what it was considering it?s common knowledge that 850k is known to be b/s), would you want this player representing your company and saying bad things about the code? Yes or no?

FMD he made those comments AFTER he was told that the deal had changed get bit right.

Latest posts