What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to the ????

Kiwi

First Grade
Of course it can. He was is on his second contract with Souths atm. We signed him on the cheap but he had an upgrade 12 months or so ago.

wasn't there talk from the likes of BM how the Burgess brothers would be signing for less than they could get elsewhere to try and win a premiership together at souffs

BunniesMan

Immortal
He doesn't know the salary of either player and he's not saying you will sign Fifita. He's referring to what happened when Burgess was signed. Souths fans on here were saying how you guys got him on the cheap but then as soon as he is off contract apparently that frees up space to go after someone like Fifita. Can't have it both ways basically.

His first contract was good value. But then after he starred in the NRL he signed a massive extension as the new tv deal came in. Offering Fifita 700-800 is purely giving him Sam's money.

Remember Bennett's old rule of never giving more than 400k to props. Well in todays cap the equivalent of that is 700k+

People need to get their heads around the new deal. 700k a year over the next few years is like 400k a year 5 years ago.

Billythekid

First Grade
I was talking about his extension not his original deal. I don't remember anyone saying he was signed to massive money when his contract got extended (though it makes sense). In fact i'm pretty sure i remember people saying they would sign for less to stay with souths.

lockyno1

Post Whore
So let me get this straight, despite having a gun pack (and they do)...the Dogs go out and sign another prop! How about throwing the kitchen sink at a half, 5/8, hooker or fullback!

ek999

First Grade
So let me get this straight, despite having a gun pack (and they do)...the Dogs go out and sign another prop! How about throwing the kitchen sink at a half, 5/8, hooker or fullback!

You raise a good point. Who though?

We are already chasing a hooker from the Sharks too

I was talking about his extension not his original deal. I don't remember anyone saying he was signed to massive money when his contract got extended (though it makes sense). In fact i'm pretty sure i remember people saying they would sign for less to stay with souths.

He probably did sign for less to stay with his brothers.

But we are probably talking $20 to $50k less than what he could earn elsewhere. Not hundreds... Anyone suggesting that is probably just Bunniesman.

I still reckon Reynolds will fill one of those spots. I'm not convinced he is a 5/8 though. I reckon he may end up at hooker once Ennis goes and if they can sign someone reasonable in the halves.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Graham, Ennis and Morris are all close to re-signing at the Dogs. So they're not losing anyone significant to get Fifita.

I don't question their cap space after Barba's departure but I do question the ridiculously unbalanced squad they have.

They have a formidable pack. And they basically trade Barba for Fifita. There's no point making 60m in every set when you have noone who can break the line when you get close to the tryline.

How do they expect to win a premiership like that? They will not score points against any good team.

carcharias

Immortal
Well as far as quality of fans go , he'll be going backwards should he go to either the dogs or bunnies.
Just in the looks depth alone he will be wondering why it looks like an incest convention at every bunnies home game.
As for the dogs ....has he laid eyes on that kiwi chick yet?
She looks like joey ramone.

Tonight he'll look up to the corp box I'm in and think it's a party hosted by George clooney and brad pit.
Wall to wall chick magnets.

Well as far as quality of fans go , he'll be going backwards should he go to either the dogs or bunnies.
Just in the looks depth alone he will be wondering why it looks like an incest convention at every bunnies home game.
As for the dogs ....has he laid eyes on that kiwi chick yet?
She looks like joey ramone.

Tonight he'll look up to the corp box I'm in and think it's a party hosted by George clooney and brad pit.
Wall to wall chick magnets.

Are you the chick or the magnet Carch?

Billythekid

First Grade
Re signing Ennis would just be craziness. He wasn't that great at his best but it's clear that his time is almost over.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Cameron Smith is one, Granville from my club as a hooker (who imo is better than McCullough). In terms of halves, you have to see who is off contract. However surely getting someone in these positions is better than getting ANOTHER prop! How much money do you want to spend on props! You have Trex on 650K, Tolman, Kasiano...then the backrowers in Pritchard, etc. That is dead set half your cap and you haven't even filled the spine! It wasn't your forwards that lost the game this week- it was the spine!

lockyno1

Post Whore
I still reckon Reynolds will fill one of those spots. I'm not convinced he is a 5/8 though. I reckon he may end up at hooker once Ennis goes and if they can sign someone reasonable in the halves.

Maybe, I think in a good side he is the perfect bench utility. He is a bit like Gidley though. Whilst he can play half, 5/8, hooker...he isn't great in any of them!

RWB

Bench

Karmichael Hunt, James Tedesco, Kevin Locke, Jarrod Mullen, or Matt Srama wouldn't be a bad place to start.

Cameron Smith is one, Granville from my club as a hooker (who imo is better than McCullough). In terms of halves, you have to see who is off contract. However surely getting someone in these positions is better than getting ANOTHER prop! How much money do you want to spend on props! You have Trex on 650K, Tolman, Kasiano...then the backrowers in Pritchard, etc. That is dead set half your cap and you haven't even filled the spine! It wasn't your forwards that lost the game this week- it was the spine!

You're the first Broncos fan that I've heard give a wrap to Granville. All the rest think he is rubbish.

Latest posts