What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita

Craigshark

First Grade
I love him..

But.

Can he please just run hard in to the defence and look for a quick play the ball? That's when he plays his best football. Too much running and then stopping at the line trying to bump every player off. It's part of our problem in attack. The halves get the ball on the next play and have no time or room. Prior last night was huge, ran hard, made metres and got quick play the balls. I don't mind Fifita doing his bump thing every now and then, especially if he thinks he's a chance close to our line, but not every single time he runs the ball. It's frustrating to watch.

CEO

Juniors
I will give him the benefit of the doubt over last nights performance. Particularly the last 5 min.

They said on Fox he had a vomiting bug. Looked F#^+ked in the last 5 mins. Should of had Woods on instead.

fizman

Bench
Flanno made mention of him in the Press Conference. The Journo said something about how well he played and Flanno shot it down pretty quickly.

Reading between the lines, I am certain Flanno was seriously pissed when he read the banter with Lodge on Instagram.

Performance didn't match the talk even though it was in jest,

Card Shark

Immortal
Thought he started the game real well, running straight.

As soon as he started his sideways stepping, the edge went off his play.

I thought he looked fitter last night though.

bluefox68

Staff member
He did well to not lose it when the refs wrongly penalised Moylan for trying to catch a ball...

millersnose

Post Whore
I think his bumping and looking for the offload style is a huge plus and has started many promising attacking raids
Would not change it

Craigshark

First Grade
Its actually very difficult to tackle that pinball bump.

Maybe. But is it actually effective when we’re on the half way line and he’s going side ways? Half the time he’ll then try and throw a miracle hospital pass offload. Don’t get me wrong, I realise it works at times, but sometimes he needs to put his head down and run hard and do what the team needs at the time.

Eion

First Grade
He is one of our best and most consistent players. Not his best game last week, but it seems like there were reasons for that.

The big burrito is the least of our worries.

shaggs

Coach
I doubt it will surprise anyone to hear that he doesn’t follow instructions too well.

I heard that today too

Its actually very difficult to tackle that pinball bump.

And Therein lies the problem. His stats for tackle breaks are impressive. Metres rafter contact too, but when the instructions are likely to be, let’s play an uptempo game with hard straight runs, hit the deck get up and play the ball and play on the front foot. That bump and sideways, bump and sideways does more harm then good.

The best teams have evolved into the style that is winning games.

Hard, fast and straight.
Look at Melbourne, roosters and Souths.

This is the blueprint for success this year
Playbit straight and get the defence back peddling and making decisions.

The slow ruck play is one of the reasons chad sucks this season.
He over analyses every play and this robotic style won’t work with the speed of our style.

Over to you Shane. Fix the players at fault or drop them to the bench.

Craigshark

First Grade
I heard that today too

And Therein lies the problem. His stats for tackle breaks are impressive. Metres rafter contact too, but when the instructions are likely to be, let’s play an uptempo game with hard straight runs, hit the deck get up and play the ball and play on the front foot. That bump and sideways, bump and sideways does more harm then good.

The best teams have evolved into the style that is winning games.

Hard, fast and straight.
Look at Melbourne, roosters and Souths.

This is the blueprint for success this year
Playbit straight and get the defence back peddling and making decisions.

The slow ruck play is one of the reasons chad sucks this season.
He over analyses every play and this robotic style won’t work with the speed of our style.

Over to you Shane. Fix the players at fault or drop them to the bench.

This is what I’m getting at.

Pot Odds

Juniors
Have a look at the highlights when we played Parra,nearly wrecked them single handed by playing hard and direct.

Latest posts