What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita

Western Stand

Juniors
We haven’t lost a major sponsor over this at all what are you on about?

Have you been listening to the grill team this morning again?
You lose major sponsors like a six year old loses their teeth. Why do you think that is? Do you reckon the way in which some of your players and administrators have acted in the last few years may have something to do with it?

It's either that or you are very unlucky.

Western Stand

Juniors
This is why people think he is a prick. Most people protect their own, he doesn’t care.
I can't stand Rothfield but therein lies your problem. You want people like him to sweep things under the carpet and allow certain gronks to continue to act as if they don't have to respect anyone.

I've called Rothfield exactly the same things as Fifita. The difference is, I am a nobody.

Like I said - average first grader = you'd want him sacked / - great player = you're happy for him to get away with anything (ref abuse, road rage, killer support, coach abuse, podcast abuse).

It's also interesting how Gallen came out swinging against the Broncos player earlier this year but Fifita is just a rouge character. It says a lot.

You lose major sponsors like a six year old loses their teeth. Why do you think that is? Do you reckon the way in which some of your players and administrators have acted in the last few years may have something to do with it?

It's either that or you are very unlucky.
Have we lost a major sponsor this week?

Western Stand

Juniors
You will not have Opal Solar on the front of your jersey next year. To answer your question, no. You haven't lost a sponsor this week.

I guess you are saying that the drama's within your club have had nothing to do with a company's decision to sponsor you? Do you really believe that?

Western Stand

Juniors
Panthers decided to sponsor the stadium as part of their plans to have the Government build a new one in the next 5-10 years. It is strategic.

We have had 2 major sponsors since 1999 and Sanyo only left because the company stopped selling into Australia. We've had Oak and Hertz for 5+ years.

taipan

Referee
I've got to say, whilst Fifita can win a game at times, and Dugan has hardly been outstanding but solid when he's not injured, they are both repeat public offenders.Not guys in their late teens or early 20s.

I give a sh*t about how the team is performing,but I also give a sh*t about how the club is perceived in the general public's eye, and how I feel (paying my hard earned to watch )when they carry on like loons off field..

I mean, how many warnings does it take to sink into these guys.You can be passionate on the field that's great and I'm the last one to show any love for Rothfield.,but geez these guys are either brain dead or don't give a rat's or are naive about social media and its impact.
Getting the media offside doesn't help.

No wonder some clubs don't want a bar of repeat offenders.

Our club has been dragged through the mud over the years by financial mismanagement ,and loons that have given us front page bad publicity.
The fact we still exist and have a future ,despite this ,is one of the 8 wonders of the world.

Herre endeth my rant.

Western Stand

Juniors
I've got to say, whilst Fifita can win a game at times, and Dugan has hardly been outstanding but solid when he's not injured, they are both repeat public offenders.Not guys in their late teens or early 20s.

I give a sh*t about how the team is performing,but I also give a sh*t about how the club is perceived in the general public's eye, and how I feel (paying my hard earned to watch )when they carry on like loons off field..

I mean, how many warnings does it take to sink into these guys.You can be passionate on the field that's great and I'm the last one to show any love for Rothfield.,but geez these guys are either brain dead or don't give a rat's or are naive about social media and its impact.
Getting the media offside doesn't help.

No wonder some clubs don't want a bar of repeat offenders.

Our club has been dragged through the mud over the years by financial mismanagement ,and loons that have given us from page bad publicity.
The fact we still exist and have a future ,despite this .is one of the 8 wonders of the world.

Herre endsth my rant.
Well said. You understand that there is more to it than 80 minutes a week.

shaggs

Coach
Rothfields article is actually balanced and not having a shot at anyone.
It’s unfortunate that the de la salle crew in the club keep feeding him inside info, but if what he says is true, then something needs to be done.

The claims the sponsor is leaving because of Fifita and Dugan by @Western Stand are false. They aren’t renewing or extending. I’m not surprised. The only time I’ve ever heard of Opal solar is on a sharks jersey. Did they go broke like southern radiology or shark energy?? Maybe like that financial advisory place.

Everyone is too PC these days but in the end, sports teams need money. Sponsors can pick and choose who they give money too, because who really has that type of spare cash.
If business don’t want to associated with a couple of blokes who swear and carry on then so be it, but in the end these displays are only hurting the club and their teammates.
A blank jersey next year is a dreadful look.
Let’s hope someone jumps on board and we can get it sorted before round 1 2019

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am glad the Pennies are doing well financially,. I have much love for them.

Your juniors have been the best or there abouts for 50 years.

Under the current admin, you can't keep a coach, good players leave, whilst you cannot keep them all, Penrith booted high quality and got no results while the players helped other clubs win the whole thing.

Under Gould's football management, the team has not done much the entire time, with another coach sacked just out from finals, the rumours and leaks out of that place continue.

In the same time, we have gone from strength to strength on the field and secured our financial future.

Western Stand

Juniors
I didn't say they are leaving because of Fifita or Dugan. I am just saying that the actions of these two and the actions of others over the past 3-5 years have had a major bearing on organisations wanting to invest in your brand.

Surely you can see that with the amount of names you've had on your jersey. Either that or you keep picking organisations that cannot sustain a long term relationship.

Western Stand

Juniors
I am glad the Pennies are doing well financially,. I have much love for them.

Your juniors have been the best or there abouts for 50 years.

Under the current admin, you can't keep a coach, good players leave, whilst you cannot keep them all, Penrith booted high quality and got no results while the players helped other clubs win the whole thing.

Under Gould's football management, the team has not done much the entire time, with another coach sacked just out from finals, the rumours and leaks out of that place continue.

In the same time, we have gone from strength to strength on the field and secured our financial future.
Yep, it is frustrating because the bones are very strong.

Time is running out for the word potential and results are now required.

FMD. It's nothing. What's the issue? Even Courts are ruling that the words used are not offensive anymore. Can we stop with the forced outrage? Jesus christ. Is the issue they won't bow to the media? The media are the issue in everything wrong. They consciously hammer the refs, the players, everything. Then they throw in a good feel story to clear their conscience.

Pump up, tell them to get f**ked. f**k the media.

Stop being such a pious prick Luke. f**k, be careful, you might fall off that pedestal and have to walk around down here with the rest of us.

Cock head.

Spare me any Buzz release and that article.
He had already put it in his gossip column on the weekend. Before the podcast was aired!
They were already leaving, had absolutely nothing to do with the players.
The fact this f**kwit was already gossiping about our sponsor issue then finds a way to "tie it in" with the players after the fact shows what a cock smoker he really is.

From The weekend:

SHOOSH
Which NRL club has lost its major corporate partner for 2019 and is desperately seeking a new front-of-jersey sponsor for the third time in four years?

carcharias

Immortal
He had already put it in his gossip column on the weekend. Before the podcast was aired!
The fact this f**kwit was already gossiping about our sponsor issue then finds a way to "tie it in" with the players after the fact shows what a c**k smoker he really is.

From The weekend:

SHOOSH
Which NRL club has lost its major corporate partner for 2019 and is desperately seeking a new front-of-jersey sponsor for the third time in four years?

Nice job bubby!

Rothfields article is actually balanced and not having a shot at anyone.
It’s unfortunate that the de la salle crew in the club keep feeding him inside info, but if what he says is true, then something needs to be done.

The claims the sponsor is leaving because of Fifita and Dugan by @Western Stand are false. They aren’t renewing or extending. I’m not surprised. The only time I’ve ever heard of Opal solar is on a sharks jersey. Did they go broke like southern radiology or shark energy?? Maybe like that financial advisory place.

Everyone is too PC these days but in the end, sports teams need money. Sponsors can pick and choose who they give money too, because who really has that type of spare cash.
If business don’t want to associated with a couple of blokes who swear and carry on then so be it, but in the end these displays are only hurting the club and their teammates.
A blank jersey next year is a dreadful look.
Let’s hope someone jumps on board and we can get it sorted before round 1 2019
The NEED for sponsorhsip, NEEDS to be removed.
Just sell 26 packages for corporate boxes & have a rotating front sponsor

Eion

First Grade
The fact this f**kwit was already gossiping about our sponsor issue then finds a way to "tie it in" with the players after the fact shows what a c**k smoker he really is.

From The weekend:

SHOOSH
Oh well played sir :clap:

Latest posts