What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita's Bulldogs Contract terminated

Madsharkie

First Grade
I was just told by someone at the club (player) that the comments were planned and got the exact response they set out to achieve.

Lol. So he grew a set and over-called his missus to stay with the sharks?!

Ads

First Grade
Lol. So he grew a set and over-called his missus to stay with the sharks?!

Dont think so, was more about money issues from what I can tell. There was an article somewhere stating similar. Not enough guaranteed, to much 3rd party.

Generalzod

Immortal
Big Andrew may have made some bad timing issues in regards to his announcement, but gee the doggies have been very poor in this situation.
For a so called family club imo there has been a total lack of honesty here

The Family Club :roll:

Weaponhead

Coach
Dont think so, was more about money issues from what I can tell. There was an article somewhere stating similar. Not enough guaranteed, to much 3rd party.

A number of players have been stung with third party payments not materialising. You have to question the quality of his management for recommending this sort of deal.

The lack of scrutiny of the dogs approach in all of this is a bit sad.

Ads

First Grade
A number of players have been stung with third party payments not materialising. You have to question the quality of his management for recommending this sort of deal.

The lack of scrutiny of the dogs approach in all of this is a bit sad.

From what I was told (not much at all really) the dogs might have pulled a shifty on how much was actually guaranteed.

No indication on where he is going other than hope that he stays at the sharks.

fizman

Bench
Looks like Raelene Castle has really screwed up big time here. Some media suggesting that Canterbury may be forced to pay part of their salary cap to Fifita.

Re-sign the Feef and have Canterbury top up his contract - nice one.

Let's hope it happens.

Card Shark

Immortal
Looks like Raelene Castle has really screwed up big time here. Some media suggesting that Canterbury may be forced to pay part of their salary cap to Fifita.

Let's hope it happens.

But they've done nothing wrong...... :roll:

cb4

First Grade

Let's hope it happens.

I have heard this, and let me tell you, Des is even more furious. Ms Castle tried to come out looking like a big player, and she has done more harm than good.

I am also told, that Des was adamant he never wanted Fifita, or met with the player.

I have been told that Fifita's deal was trying to be pushed through at $420k on the cap in the grand scheme of things.

We could potentially get him re-signed, and him earning money off the Dogs as well.

Ausguy

Coach
Ms Castle was apparently "top notch" and a "very good operator" ... thing with this is that its radio personalities like Mark Geyer and Matt Johns who are saying this about her. Truth is that they buy her bullshit responses to everything because they arent smart enough to separate the lies form the truth.

cb4

First Grade
It's us or Union at the moment.

He would look like the biggest prick on the planet, if he said his heart will always be at the Sharks, then signed with another NRL team.

Feej

First Grade
It'd be a massive lift for the team if he stayed. Be nice to get it done and announced just prior to next Sundays game against the hartley's.

cb4

First Grade
It'd be a massive lift for the team if he stayed. Be nice to get it done and announced just prior to next Sundays game against the hartley's.

There is a reason we are giving him time mate.

Latest posts