What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita's Bulldogs Contract terminated

Weaponhead

Coach
Can't believe the media have not scrutinized Canterbury in this situation. All the stories are about dopey Fifita can't keep his mouth shut and blowing the deal.

I can get that they don't want to give the new girl a hard time but seriously the journos are not doing their job on this one.

Can't believe the media have not scrutinized Canterbury in this situation. All the stories are about dopey Fifita can't keep his mouth shut and blowing the deal.

I can get that they don't want to give the new girl a hard time but seriously the journos are not doing their job on this one.

If we had did this i could imagine the telecrap would go into meltdown

Vin Fizz

Bench
Of course she was. Des wasn't involved in the signing. Was very involved in protest.
That makes sense to me, so by the same token I cant imagine him having a say in Burittos exodus either. He'd be secretly smiling but if shits are trumps and he had to take on Fifi he'd find other ways of getting what he wants. The third party deals, and in fact the whole deal must have been pretty raw and half baked for it to fall over. I think the whole thing got announced far earlier than they wanted and they all have egg on their faces. Dessie is a control freak but he knows where his bread is buttered and wouldn't cut his nose orf. Far, far, far too shrewd to let that happen imho.

Card Shark

Immortal
That ridiculous if he can get that % in 3rd party deals.

Talk about an uneven playing field.

The Dogs reneged on their offer, no wonder he said some of the things he said.

Hope it all blows up in the Dog's face!

Remove the the 3rd party deals and increase the cap by 10%, the NRL makes up the 10% due to increased TV rights.

That would make is so much easier to assess what players are on, any deal outside of this cap breach penalty is points deduction

chewsta

First Grade
I really am baffled as to why 3rd party deals are allowed in the first place? It defeats the whole point of a salary cap!

Card Shark

Immortal
To give elite players a bit more earning potential to keep them in the game.

It's a bit like salary cap rorting though if you ask me - too open to underhanded deals & abuse.

Quigs

Immortal
It's all just a f**kkkennn NRL joke and as usual the NRL jokes on us.

Deadset if anyone thinks that all of this is fair dinkum then they need the heads read.

Watch for the NRL audit of sustainabilty of clubs coming to a club near you. That's going to be the doozey.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
That ridiculous if he can get that % in 3rd party deals.

Talk about an uneven playing field.

The Dogs reneged on their offer, no wonder he said some of the things he said.

Hope it all blows up in the Dog's face!

Gallen does.