What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita's Bulldogs Contract terminated

Special K

Coach
This isn't good for his "new" management who have SFA players. Watch Gallen tear them apart on MMM tonight

Ken Ebb

Juniors
He's young and can play. No brainer, give him a good offer and release some of the dead wood ie IDG, Prior, Tupou etc.
We have a good pack with him in it.
Throw some money at a quality back or 2 to support Carney and we have more than competitive side.
Bring in some assistance to the coaching team as well.

I reckon he will end up with Souths which will absolutely kill me way more than the bulldogs!!

snoozer

Bench
i didn't want him to go and would happily have him if he wants to stay.

one of the best players we've had at the club for a while.

Management have been given a second chance,
do what has to be done to keep the fella

I still cant help thinking its April 1st somewhere

jc155776

Coach
Maybe the dogs made an offer with the sole intention of forcing us to pay overs without thinking he might actually accept.

When he did they have panicked and now found an excuse,to back out?

DJShaksta

First Grade
@AndrewVoss9: @NRL_Bulldogs CEO Raelene Castle confirms on @NewsTalk2UE deal is not yet done with @Cronulla_Sharks young star Michael Lichaa.

Feej

First Grade
@AndrewVoss9: @NRL_Bulldogs CEO Raelene Castle confirms on @NewsTalk2UE deal is not yet done with @Cronulla_Sharks young star Michael Lichaa.

Strengthens my theory that they're hoarding players and then picking and choosing who they're gonna keep prior to the deadline.

DJShaksta

First Grade
I tend to agree.
Signing whoever they can and dumping them when they choose who they actually want to keep.
But Greenburg will look after them............

Madsharkie

First Grade
The Australian Rugby Union says they'll only talk to Andrew Fifita if it's about rugby, and not based on the earning capacity he could demand in league.
javascript:window.print()
SourceAAP
UPDATED 27 MINS AGO

The ARU says they'll only talk with rugby league Test star Andrew Fifita if he's willing to put rugby ahead of money.

Fifita had agreed to a four-year deal with Canterbury from 2015 reportedly worth $3.5 million, however the Bulldogs issued a statement on Monday saying they would not proceed.
The club's about turn comes after Fifita told AAP he wished he'd chosen to go to rugby union because of all the flak he'd copped about leaving Cronulla.
However the Australian Rugby Union (ARU) are struggling financially and cannot afford to offer Fifita the dollars he would have received at the Bulldogs.
Wallabies coach Ewen McKenzie earlier this month said that while he once had dinner and a chat to Fifita about switching to rugby, he was only interested in players who chose the 15-man code for the right reasons - none of which included seven-figure salaries.
An ARU spokesman echoed McKenzie's comments on Monday, saying they had not had any recent discussions with the 24-year-old star.
"If Andrew wanted to talk to us, it would need to be for rugby reasons and not based on the earning capacity he could demand in league," the spokesman said.
"We wont have any further comment on this matter, and as far as we are aware, we are not involved in his current or future plans."
Fifita has a history in rugby union, having represented NSW Country in junior ranks and earned a place in the Brumbies development squad.
Brumbies director of rugby Laurie Fisher said his club would only be interested in Fifita if the ARU helped bring him across with a considerable financial contribution.
"Under the current salary conditions we wouldn't be able to afford him," Fisher said.
Comment will be sought from NSW Waratahs coach Michael Cheika, who is on tour in South Africa, on Tuesday.

Source: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/03/31/aru-wont-talk-fifita-about-big-bucks

Madsharkie

First Grade
The ARU says they'll only talk with rugby league Test star Andrew Fifita if he's willing to put rugby ahead of money.
We should take the same stance imo.

Avenger

Immortal
I hope he does for your sake but I don't think he will stay with you guys. He appears to be a man of little substance.