What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fiji's bid for 18th NRL license

Brian potter

Bench
It makes a crap load more sense than PNG but probably still no. Just pick a second NZ team and Perth and work out what you want to do for the 20th team
I agree but unfortunately both Fiji and PNG would be indefinitely dependent on government handouts what with being 3rd world countries.

jersey flegg, sg ball and Queensland cup equivalent pathways are more than adequate for both Fiji and PNG.

Jetka100

Juniors
I couldn’t see it happening in the next few years. The NRL would be better off establishing a Pacific rugby league academy in conjunction with the University of the South Pacific and target development of players throughout the Pacific and also pump more money into the international matches to get more opportunities for the Pacific countries and try and squeeze rugby out.

blue bags

First Grade
I couldn’t see it happening in the next few years. The NRL would be better off establishing a Pacific rugby league academy in conjunction with the University of the South Pacific and target development of players throughout the Pacific and also pump more money into the international matches to get more opportunities for the Pacific countries and try and squeeze rugby out.
Pasifika Grizzlies Bear's 🐻
Based at Central Coast Gosford
Living. Training. Playing
Gosford. Sydney
What a dream come true for the players
They would love it
Fantastic 😍

Brian potter

Bench
Mate I’ve been banging on about this very thing for years.

The NRL could easily fund junior pacific centre of excellences in samoa, Tonga, New Caledonia, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu etc.

you could even introduce a draft style system with the team finishing bottom having 1st pick of the players.

MugaB

Coach
You think a 14k athletics stadium is fit for regular nrl games?

View attachment 85808
We play at Lo, redcliffe and shark park, take games to regional areas al the time, ffs i really don't understand your obsession with stadiums, we are talking about an island country getting a team, you want to inspect their toilet facilities, and corparate suites, this game isn't about rivaling NFL for the $1000 tix, it's about including everyone to play this game, you think half the worlds population that play soccer in places like rural south America has state of the art facilities... i reckon if you fly to fiji to watch this team play, you should be able to except that fiji ain't 1st world in terms of stadium design

Perth Red

Post Whore
We play at Lo, redcliffe and shark park, take games to regional areas al the time, ffs i really don't understand your obsession with stadiums, we are talking about an island country getting a team, you want to inspect their toilet facilities, and corparate suites, this game isn't about rivaling NFL for the $1000 tix, it's about including everyone to play this game, you think half the worlds population that play soccer in places like rural south America has state of the art facilities... i reckon if you fly to fiji to watch this team play, you should be able to except that fiji ain't 1st world in terms of stadium design
Stadium facilities play a major role in a clubs financial sustainability. They also present a perception of a sports success.

Perth Rectangular Stadium isn't a great stadium, yet he focuses on every other ground.

blue bags

First Grade
But they haven't got ala cart's gourmet dining
Corporate wine's. Limousine parking
Chopper landing pads
😊

I have zero issue with a perth team playing at PRS
Neither do I, but if Perth Red is going to condemn other clubs for playing at similar grounds then he's not in a position to push for the Pirates to play out of PRS in a black, red and gold jersey that's reserved for them.

Canard

Immortal
Neither do I, but if Perth Red is going to condemn other clubs for playing at similar grounds then he's not in a position to push for the Pirates to play out of PRS in a black, red and gold jersey that's reserved for them.
Tv Land Tew Much GIF by YoungerTV