What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final Ticket Sales?

Anyone know how we're looking?

NRL.com is plugging it pretty hard. Last i heard it was 12k.

I doubt we'll break 30, which quite frankly is a disgrace.

Coastbloke

Bench
I say take the WC final to Suncorp..

I'm no lawyer, but surely if a company was run the same way as the ARL, there'd be hell to pay....

Mind you, you can't make someone go to a match.

Maybe the reality is that Sydneysiders are NRLcentic and just don't want to see International footy.

Take the game to Melbourne, Brissy or Perth.

linny

Juniors
International RL said:
Anyone know how we're looking?

NRL.com is plugging it pretty hard. Last i heard it was 12k.

I doubt we'll break 30, which quite frankly is a disgrace.

NRL.com is plugging it hard... but thats about all, and its just not good enough.

The tri-nations has been absolutely swamped in the last couple of weeks with pretty much every other sport. Just look at todays foxsports, league isn't one of the major headlines....

With the series hanging in the balance and a few different options in the final, there is plenty to be talking about, but we just aren't hearing about it.
I think generally Sydneysiders are fickle, NRL-centric and don't deserve the final to be played in their city, but I really do think that there are a good majority of people out there that just don't know that the final is on 25th...

This series has provided top quality on-field action yet it is potentially going to run at a loss.... there is no other answer to me than poor management.

A real worry coming up to the impending 2008 World Cup ...

lockyno1

Post Whore
I can see why it wasn't in much of the paper today- Ashes cricket. You can expect there to be more in the papers tommorrow. Reality is that most people like to read the columns about the Ashes.

ouwet

Bench
I'm pretty sure 12,000 were sold last week... Not sure of an up to date figure though.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
lockyno1 said:
I can see why it wasn't in much of the paper today- Ashes cricket. You can expect there to be more in the papers tommorrow. Reality is that most people like to read the columns about the Ashes.

Bullshyte.

miccle

Bench
That's depressing really....

I hope everyone is waiting until next week to get their tix. Anything under 28k will be woeful.

mattyg

Bench
I'll be buying mine next week. I think that PAX of 14k odd will at least double in the week building up to the game. Especially if Mason gets his head in the papers and on the news again. If its NZ the opposition, the crowd will definately break 30k.

miccle said:
That's depressing really....

I hope everyone is waiting until next week to get their tix. Anything under 28k will be woeful.

Mate anything under a sell out is woeful...

its a bloody final.

langpark

First Grade
It sucks how the bigwigs in Sydney demand that the kiwi cities of half a million pull crowds when they haven't got their own backyard in order. I recall them threatening to not give WC games to NZ if crowds were low, i think a similar ultimatum should be given to the Sydney public, that anything less than a sellout is unacceptable

eels_fan_01

Bench
Sydney are losing their hold on the game with these poor crowds. I will be getting tickets with another 5 friends going but i hardly think that is gonna push the crowd up.

miccle

Bench
... and it's all just made that one bit worse when everyone knows the game would attract 50k in Brisbane.

Thinking about it more, I can't see why Brisbane shouldn't host the WC final. I know it'd still sellout in Sydney no doubt beacuse of the size of the event, but I just don't feel that Sydney have earned it.

TrevorAllan

Juniors
It's not hard to see why Sydney struggles. You look at the paper yesterday and the so-called rugby league journalist Dean Ritchie had obviously spent Wednesday tracking down one of the passengers on the trans-tasman flight who had to move because of Long and Gleeson's rather grating rendition of "Please release me". The story was already dead (Long having departed Monday) and the plane antics were hardly newsworthy....but Ritchie (or the sports editor's) news judgement told him otherwise.

This, when the GB team were still in Sydney. To think they could have interviewed new halfback Horne, perhaps done a farewell piece with Morley, talked to Peacock or whatever...

At least Ricketts and co up in Brisbane have some passion and interest for the game, the contest, not just the "controversy".

God knows what the Sydney media will cook up next week. Maybe Willie Mason will fart in his sleep or something........No wonder people lose interest in attending the actual game when they are fed a constant diet of this crap.