What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Also by having the week 2 and week 3 finals on Friday and Saturday, it ensures both teams which make the Grand Final get at least a 7 day break from their GF Qualifier until the Grand Final.
Tend to agree here. I have no issue with Fri-Sat in Week 2 and 3. Sunday is well served by state comps as it is, they get the limelight.

myrrh ken

First Grade
You'd think if Raiders fans are happy to travel up to sit outside Wighton's tribunal hearing, they'd be up for travelling to civilisation to watch a prelim.

You'd think if Raiders fans are happy to travel up to sit outside Wighton's tribunal hearing, they'd be up for travelling to civilisation to watch a prelim.

Heaven help us if the Raiders make the Grand Final. They'll probably still be carrying on and saying they've won the right to host the GF. :rolleyes:

I said up thread I thought it daft that GIO Stadium in Canberra could not be used in week 3 of the finals. However for us non-Raiders supporters, this constant harping on about it by some Raiders fans this is starting to wear a bit thin.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Heaven help us if the Raiders make the Grand Final. They'll probably still be carrying on and saying they've won the right to host the GF. :rolleyes:

If all but 3 teams could host the Grand Final then maybe.

But TBH a Sydney prelim wouldn’t bother me that much if there was an earlier kick-off.

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
The GF is held at Homebush. Bulldogs and Souths home ground is Homebush. No other team can "host" a GF

BWNB

First Grade
So now that Canberra is a sell out, real consideration must be given to those keen fans who wanted to go but have been cruelly locked out. Clearly goes to show that GIO Stadium is not an appropriate finals venue and all future Raiders finals home games should be at ANZ or Allianz.

Absolutely, I have friends who missed out on the game due to the nrl.

In the unlikely event that the Raiders lose tomorrow they should be forced to play at Anz stadium as no other fans should miss out.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Absolutely, I have friends who missed out on the game due to the nrl.

Raiders fans had the same problems that Sharks fans had with the NRL and the game didn’t officially sellout until this morning. So if your friends couldn’t get tickets over 4 days then they stuffed up.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yet if it was being hosted at a larger venue, they'd still have access to tickets :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.