What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
My understanding is that the Storm do actually have to play at AAMI. I remember seeing someone post about a contract they have with Melbourne Olympic Parks maybe?

myrrh ken

First Grade
Thatd be right. I was just indulging raidersdave in his whinge about the non canbera prelim. Suck it up mate titans and knights are in the same boat, raiders just have to travel a bit further

Raiderdave

First Grade
Thatd be right. I was just indulging raidersdave in his whinge about the non canbera prelim. Suck it up mate titans and knights are in the same boat, raiders just have to travel a bit further

And they shouldn't have to go anywhere either

All 16 clubs should be able to play week 3 in their home city.
The pathetic borderline embarrassing ticket sales to the only final being played in Sydney this weekend , in the best timeslot , prove beyond doubt there's no way an all Out of town prelim should be played in Sydney

It's lunacy
Utter lunacy...

Marlins

Juniors
And they shouldn't have to go anywhere either

All 16 clubs should be able to play week 3 in their home city.
The pathetic borderline embarrassing ticket sales to the only final being played in Sydney this weekend , in the best timeslot , prove beyond doubt there's no way an all Out of town prelim should be played in Sydney

It's lunacy
Utter lunacy...
FMD get over it one a game seriously one f**king game you have to travel a few hours to watch your Team play in GF qualifying Final in bigger better Satdium what the hell is wrong with. Lunacy, The Lunacy in Canberra

Raiderdave

First Grade
FMD get over it one a game seriously one f**king game you have to travel a few hours to watch your Team play in GF qualifying Final in bigger better Satdium what the hell is wrong with. Lunacy, The Lunacy in Canberra

f**k off you clown

You'd be a typical Sydney sider who isn't prepared to travel 10ks to a final .. aka .. this weekend .. let alone 300
So keep your lectures to yourself

Marlins

Juniors
So a cowboys fan?
Who just so happen to be a club that does get a week 3 home prelim lol
How convenient
I'm not a cowboys fan but I do wish them all the best. I grew up with the Broncos.

You seriously have issues, I'm glad you've found a place where you can vent your problems and frustrations. keeping this kind of stupidity and anger inside can really f**k up a person.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This is brilliant reading.

Keep it up Dave, a vein will pop eventually.

Billythekid

First Grade
I just can't work out the benefit of making them play in Sydney. Depending on the opponent the crowd won't be any bigger than in Canberra. Even if it's a little higher it's not as if it will be a huge difference. I'd rather see the NRL making decisions like this based on what's good for the fans and good for the game long term. Supposedly the NRL makes all its money from tv and that's all they give a f**k about so why all of a sudden is a few thousand difference in the crowd so crucial?

Overall I just think that a prelim final in Canberra or Newcastle would be FAR better for the game long term. If you make them play at Allianz it's just another game in Sydney of which there are many massive ones every year (and the general fan in Sydney won't give a f**k). In Canberra or Newcastle this could be a once in a 20 year occasion and would be huge for the local game.

The raiders are forever battling with the brumbies for market share and now the AFL are trying to muscle in. What better way to give the raiders a boost than a packed prelim final? It also gives the ACT government more incentive to finally build a new rectangular stadium.

Beyond that it's just more fair. It doesn't make sense to give some teams finals in their home town and not others. If for example the raiders win the minor premiership and their first final they then have to play 2 away games on the trot to win the comp. That puts them at a big disadvantage.

Beyond all that I just think we should be doing more for the fans. It's a sign of goodwill to let the raiders play at their own home ground and the fans would respond to that. This constant f**king over of the fans and in particular people who attend games is just one of many reasons that the NRL struggles to grow crowds.

Billythekid

First Grade
I wonder if Dave would have the same opinion if Newcastle were in the Raiders position ?

I'd like to think so

I'm pretty sure he has said exactly that. If anything Newcastle have even more of a case. Their stadium holds like 32-33K which is more than enough i think.

It's an irrelevant point anyway, it's basically deflecting. Whilst I'd rather people not be hypocrites (which most of the people in this thread are) you should be arguing against the points being made. Even if he is coming from a biased point of view if the arguments being made are solif that's what should matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts