What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Thread

In a nutshell, stay focused, fine tune the left hand side defence, don't give away stupid penalties and maybe remind themselves of what they did to beat Melbourne earlier this year.

Special K

Coach
Sure a bit negative, which I know you can’t be anymore even if you wanted to, but let’s see how it plays out mate.
There is negative and there is giving up before a ball is even kicked. Which makes me think why bother watching it if you are so down on them? We have the 2nd best defence - only 2 points a game behind Panthers. We average the same amount of points as the storm do per game. How is it so hopeless? They have beaten Melbourne in Melbourne this season. Only one other team has beat Melbourne in Melbourne this year.

I don't have us winning week one but anything can happen. We are much better than the Dogs, Manly, Knights and Cowboys. I think we are better than the Chooks given their injuries. We sit in a spot we deserve on the ladder. To think the dogs would roll us in week 2 as it stands is crazy talk.

If we had a season like the Broncos, Warriors I'd get it. As it stands we finished 4th, our stats are good and we have beaten 2 of the 3 other teams in the top 4. It is a new competition. Nikora is firing. Brailey is firing. Our back 5 look good. Toby has pulled his finger out. Wilton just gave DCE nightmares. We are fit for once.

Going into the Roosters game last year we had

Tracey(busted), Katoa, jesse, Sifa(busted), Ronnie, Tricky, Nicho, Toby (busted), Brailey, Hunt(busted) , Nikora, Graham, McInnes with Jack, Kaufusi, Hazleton and Colqhoun on the bench.

Compare to this year where everyone is fit assuming Hazleton is ok. Big difference. Get it f**king done Sharkies.

I think having the Panthers game on Friday night helps us.
Let's say they win, what that will do is actually dump a bucket load more pressure on Melbourne
We are underdogs expected to los and to make final 4 win week 2.
For Storm if they lose they would have to beat Panthers just to make GF, and considering they are minor premiers that would not what they would like.
We need to get out fast that extra pressure will help

sladden road

Juniors
For mine, it’s all about “ball in play “ and the speed of the play the ball.
We win that and complete over 80 percent.
We win.
The side to side attack, stretching defenders out of shape also needs to continue.

Go at Munster all night long and test his groin out.
And not in a rimmy kind of way, more like a lateral movement way.
Rimmys after we win.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I think we gotta target their centres. Iro and Ramien are way better than theirs but we know how these sorts of players perform under Bellamy. Warbrick will be an obvious target from the kick for them, I think he in Ronnie’s side? Coates will be back I think too, f**k they’re a good side but I reckon we can do it

Mako-Ver

Juniors
our best 18 assume all are fully fit

1 kennedy
2 sione
3 JR
4 KI
5 Ronnie
6 Akko
7 Tricky
8 Oggy
9 Baby Driver
10 Rainbow
11 Wilt
12 Nik
13 Cam

14 40/20
15 Royce
16 Talakai
17 BHU/Tualapapa

18 Hynes

Last edited:

bluefox68

Staff member
our best 18 assume all are fully fit

1 kennedy
2 sione
3 JR
4 KI
5 Ronnie
6 Akko
7 Tricky
8 Oggy
9 Baby Driver
10 Rainbow
11 Wilt
12 Nik
13 Cam

14 40/20
15 Royce
16 Talakai
17 BHU/Tualapapa

18 Hynes
You’re dreamin’ if you think Nicho gets dropped.