What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Train On Squad.

antonius

Coach
Todays paper lists a squad of players (apart from the 20 named this week) that are training on during the finals series. They are Brown, Tolar, Quigley, Tighe, Hinton, Dustin Cooper, Royal, and Matt White. Not a bad idea IMO, some good back-ups amongst that lot.

The Devil

Bench
Watching a replay of the Panthers match, i heard AJ or Wayne Pearce say that Bailey, who had just come on the field, had done a hamstring.

Jono078

Referee
Just heard on one of the news breaks that Hagans giving Thaiday and Reynoldson til Friday to prove their fitness..

IMO why bother, use Seage and who ever else until they are definitely 100% fit.

antonius

Coach
Yes I read in todays Tele that Thaiday has to undergo another test today, and it's not cut and dried he'll play. The same paper did say though that Reynoldson was passed fully fit and would definately play.

cram

Bench

Ben

Bench
Well it would be pretty stupid to name a 20 man bench if the entire team was fit to play. So i have to say that Thaiday, Reynoldson and maybe even Smith are still under injury concerns.

the ref

Juniors
Thats right. Why name a 20 man squad when you are playing at home if you didnt have reservations about the fitness of some players. Just hope Milton is up to it

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
the ref said:
Thats right. Why name a 20 man squad when you are playing at home if you didnt have reservations about the fitness of some players. Just hope Milton is up to it

It seems obvious to me. It's because as I've said a number of times, hagan is one of the boys, simple as that. He isn't a leader of the team, he's a groupie. By hagan not listing a 20 man team, means he won't have to take on the role of coach as apposed to friend. So he listed a 20 man team in order to not hurt his friends who wont be playings feelings. How pathetic can you get!

TooheysNew

Coach
You seriously think he named 20 players because he is one of the boys? Fair enough if you think he named players in positions they werent best at because of that reason, but to suggest that he just tried to chuck his favourites in the team because they are his favourites, well thats just stupid.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Dilmah said:
You seriously think he named 20 players because he is one of the boys? Fair enough if you think he named players in positions they werent best at because of that reason, but to suggest that he just tried to chuck his favourites in the team because they are his favourites, well thats just stupid.

I personally believe I'm right. I mean look at the signs:

*He picks players that don't perform in the team eg rudder at 5/8, tanner etc
*The most telling one is the fact he has dropped only one player due to poor form in 6 years [what other reason would he do this appart from not wanting to hurt his mates feelings that are already in the team]
*The team over many years play without heart when johns isn't there. This goes to show that hagan doesn't have the authoritive figure of a coach and is more of one of the boys. Johns appears to be the authoritive figure in the team as they actually have a go when he is on the field.
* He names 20 players in the team in order to not hurt his mates feelings for them not being in the 17
*The club is sacking him.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
You think? He is being silly. If you checked the teams you will see we are not the only team to name more then 17. The only team that hasn't is Broncos. I think your reading into things a bit too much. The team we got named is basically the make up of the team that got us inot the top 4 and a home final so I'm happy with it.

TooheysNew

Coach
I'm not denying that he acts like one of the boys. I just dont think he named 20 players just so they would feel included. It seems too stupid.