What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 1 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Another year another finals series and what a way to kick it off in Queensland with two of the better Queensland sides going at it!

This one is extremely hard to predict as the Titans have to be one of the more unpredictible sides in the competition and with the number of freakish players in their side I wouldn't be surprised to see the result go either way.

The Broncos Line Up As Follows:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Israel Folau
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Dave Taylor
11. Tonie Carroll
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Lagi Setu
15. Alex Glenn
16. Ashton Sims
17. Josh McGuire
18. Joel Clinton

Coach: Ivan Henjak

Discuss!

beads6

First Grade
This game is going to be huge. I have tickets and it will be awesome. I expect the Broncos to win but I suspect the Titans will start well and score an early try and than crumble in a heap as the Broncos run over the top of them.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I know McGuire has played well but I'd rather Clinton play than him in a finals match. We need some experience in our forwards.

TD09

Juniors
I know McGuire has played well but I'd rather Clinton play than him in a finals match. We need some experience in our forwards.

Yep 100% agree with this. Clinton has played many finals series and won a grand final, definately good experience to have coming off the bench I think.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Clinton should be starting. Not 18th man. Before he was injured he was making easily around 120m and 20+ tackles a game. Surely he is still not 100% injury free at the moment.

DeeJ

Bench
I think Ivan doesn't want to start Clinton because he doesn't want to mess with a winning formula. I think he can effective off the bench anyway. I would hate for him to be 18th man this weekend though.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yep 100% agree with this. Clinton has played many finals series and won a grand final, definately good experience to have coming off the bench I think.

Pretty much, I don't like the notion of two basically rookies (Setu and McGuire) being played off the bench in a finals match. Clinton has played finals, won a premiership and played test and Origin footy. For mine he should be starting over Dave Taylor with Taylor off the bench.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Clinton needs to earn a spot in the starting side as his form has been good. Until then the winning formula remains the same. His experience counts for little as side has been playing extremely well.

Pistol

Coach
Clinton needs to be there. He was last week. Josh McGuire is going great but with Clinton you have the solid as a rock type who has experience in tight games. He needs to be wearing jersey 17. Unless Henjack has an ace up his sleeve and is keeping the opposition guessing until the last minute

TD09

Juniors
Clinton needs to earn a spot in the starting side as his form has been good. Until then the winning formula remains the same. His experience counts for little as side has been playing extremely well.

I think that his experience will count for a lot. Yes the team has been playing well, but its semi final football now and thats a very different type of football. A type of football Maguire and Glenn have played none of and Setu very little.

johnnyg

Juniors
Remember the game against the Saints? Maguire and Williams were not used, and that's the closest you could get to semi-final football. If Clinton was there I'm sure Henjak would of used him.

Agree with the Experience needed.

Country Bronco

Juniors
For those that don't know, mcguire is infact the 18th man and not clinton. Also my comments before about clinton not being good enough for starting side remain but i had assumed he was listed on the bench. Clinton experience does count for something in the finals but his form ain't crash hot. He wouldn't be in the side if it wasn't for teo being injured.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
For those that don't know, mcguire is infact the 18th man and not clinton. Also my comments before about clinton not being good enough for starting side remain but i had assumed he was listed on the bench. Clinton experience does count for something in the finals but his form ain't crash hot. He wouldn't be in the side if it wasn't for teo being injured.

How can you say his form isn't crash hot? He was in fantastic form before he got injured. If he is 100% fit then he should be starting front rower. I have a feeling that Henjak doesn't like him or something along those lines. But I could be totally wrong..

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I think Ivan doesn't want to start Clinton because he doesn't want to mess with a winning formula. I think he can effective off the bench anyway. I would hate for him to be 18th man this weekend though.

That can't make sense though because last week he benched Tunsa and started Sims...

Country Bronco

Juniors
How can you say his form isn't crash hot? He was in fantastic form before he got injured. If he is 100% fit then he should be starting front rower. I have a feeling that Henjak doesn't like him or something along those lines. But I could be totally wrong..

Yes, thats my opinon and it also is fact that he wouldn't be in the side so he has squirmed his way on the bench due to being slightly a better option than mcguire. Its absurd to say that henjak doesn't like him as reason for him being on the bench as the form of the team has dictated that. Also, one of the reasons 'why we are desperate need of a prop' is clinton not being able to be our forward leader or play consistently good. I'd rate both Kenny and Taylor over him atm.

blueballs

Juniors
Mcguire is the 17th man not clinton
otherwise he would be playing in the under 20 s again this week, Last week topped tackle count ,runs and offloads for the 20s game

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I'm not a big fan of McGuire coming into the side at the expense of Clinton. I like McGuire - he seems to have some mongrel about him, but I can see him giving away a stupid penalty with his temper.

Regardless of his current form, I just don't think a "do or die" finals match is the right atmosphere to re-introduce him to first grade.

And lockyno1:

Clinton never played Origin. Unless you're referring to City v Country which is as close as he got.

lockyno1

Post Whore
My mistake, well still he has played rep football before. Experience is needed in big games

Pistol

Coach
I'm not a big fan of McGuire coming into the side at the expense of Clinton. I like McGuire - he seems to have some mongrel about him, but I can see him giving away a stupid penalty with his temper.

Regardless of his current form, I just don't think a "do or die" finals match is the right atmosphere to re-introduce him to first grade.

And lockyno1:

Clinton never played Origin. Unless you're referring to City v Country which is as close as he got.

Clinton has played Test football. He played one game in 2004.