What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 2 vs Souths

rednwhites

Juniors
And Ben Hunt is a good player but crumbles under pressure. Why the f--k would you run it on the last when the game's tied up at 12-all?

Wasn't the time to do it at all but he realised there was an overlap brewing and for some reason Mann went the wrong way. If Kurt had realised what was going on, a try or a run deep into their territory would have eventuated. Not excusing it at all, as it was the wrong call, but in actual fact we were more of a chance of scoring in that play then we would have faired in a drop goal shoot out in extra time.

I'm just trying to answer your rhetorical question.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I want to add my 2 cents to this, dragons brave tonight, but the McInnes penalty really gives me the shits, how did that ref find a penalty against the dragons when he passed the ball into a Souths player who made no attempt to clear the ruck but the absolute f**kwits find a Souths penalty. Really ?

Yep, I agree... Souffs player made no attempt to move but Greenberg changed the rules 1/2 way through the comp. I made the ref calls comment on another thread.

Cam Mc should have known this but rolled the dice and F'd it. Cost us in all the calcs at the end.

Not sure how much longer Cam Mc is signed to to us but i would be blooding Robson hard in 2019

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Yep wtf are you on about above, in the speed of the play and with him passing, what is Cam meant to do. Im sure as hell sure he's not thinking about milking a penalty in that situation there, he is just trying to pass the friggin' ball. Thats why the nrl and the shit rule changes are stuffed, right there.

nickdragons90

Juniors
Yep, I agree... Souffs player made no attempt to move but Greenberg changed the rules 1/2 way through the comp. I made the ref calls comment on another thread.

Cam Mc should have known this but rolled the dice and F'd it. Cost us in all the calcs at the end.

Not sure how much longer Cam Mc is signed to to us but i would be blooding Robson hard in 2019
True but common sense should of come into it, the Souths player made no attempt to move from the ruck yes the rule was changed 1/2 during the season your right. But seriously common sense guys.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
This year had made me unfortunately doubt whether or not Hunt can deliver like a marquee player should in those crunch moments at the end of a game.

I really wish he would, but it's been very disappointing seeing some of his lack of direction and taking the game on at the crucial moments. Really does remind me of Mitchell pearce in so many ways. I'd love to have the perception torn to shreds

If you were to swap Hunt and Reynolds jumpers tonight do you think Reynolds could have gotten the Dragons out of a poorly coached side, no 5/8. dodgy ref calls and being dominated in the forwards after Sims got a bad infection from an inglis head?

Dragon Blood

Juniors
It tells me something has to be done about Origin. One bye in the season. Freddy got his win and then wanted to bag us the rest of the year. Other clubs had it as bad but their coach managed it better. Yet you can be sure we will hear all the injury excuses in the presser from Mary.

Sack the McIncompetant

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Couldn’t agree more then this.

Mary’s game plan - go out and play your guts out. No tactical strategy what so ever - attack was non-existent.

Neither JDB, sims or Frizell could walk after the match tonight... what the hell does that say!

Really? Mary has a game plan?
The only game plan Mary has is run 4 hit ups through old and useless wingers and centres. 1 through a tired forward pack, then hope for a good kick from the halves, then gamble if the opposition make an error to get field position once they are on. Great Coach yeah?

dannyt

Coach
Really? Mary has a game plan?
The only game plan Mary has is run 4 hit ups through old and useless wingers and centres. 1 through a tired forward pack, then hope for a good kick from the halves, then gamble if the opposition make an error to get field position once they are on. Great Coach yeah?
mary is the antithesis of a reasonable coach, let alone a great one.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
True but common sense should of come into it, the Souths player made no attempt to move from the ruck yes the rule was changed 1/2 during the season your right. But seriously common sense guys.

I agree, but the football gods don't want us pulling the pants down on any team that finished out of the top 4.
The algorithm code is = membership = foxtel = WWE = funniest home videos = great mysteries of the world= NRL/Fox sports will make a team to progress to maximise ratings, nearly 50K tonight cos weeks ago no one expected us to go this deep.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Ah Mau and Mann need to f**k off. The rest of them played with pride and passion! Great game by Macdonald
Go to bed dude, with your assman vibe
Yep wtf are you on about above, in the speed of the play and with him passing, what is Cam meant to do. Im sure as hell sure he's not thinking about milking a penalty in that situation there, he is just trying to pass the friggin' ball. Thats why the nrl and the shit rule changes are stuffed, right there.

No mate, he could have passed over the dumb FCck Souffs Cnt, but the dopey fnuckle (did someone say he is Captiano material....yep he tackles OK ....but.........DOPEY.....no vision) cost us the game. I think that was the turning point. Bring on Robson in NRL and let the NRL decide.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I'll take three things from this game - The Bunnies scored an absolutely crucial try off a blatantly forward pass. The Dragons got penalised at a crucial point of the game because a Souths player didn't get out of the way of the Dragons dummy half passing to the ball runner. And Ben Hunt is a good player but crumbles under pressure. Why the f--k would you run it on the last when the game's tied up at 12-all?

WWE=NRL.... you gotta love it..... Spend a weeks worth of hard earned after tax income on entry fees , 500% inflated food and drinks and you get to watch what the NRL feels fit for TV ratings.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I missed the game..os at the moment..gutted as f**k...how the f**k does a player kick 3 field goals from 3 attempts in a game? No pressure put on him?

ouryears

Bench
Souths had options. We didnt. Reynolds had walker and Cook to assist. He tried his guts out tonight. I have been critical of him in the latter stages of the season but I’m not tonight. He gave it everything tonight unfortunately some things like the last play didn’t come off. We will have to agree to disagree.
Low percentage last plays with a couple of minutes to go with the obvious consequence of giving the ball to Souths in an attacking part of the field is park football like and not worthy of a first grade play makers football brain.

It was a pathetic and brain explosion decision. Kick the ball long and there was every chance we could have forced an error, and worse case Souths would not have kicked s field goal. For Hunt to do what he did, dead set dickhead.

It was a “I can be a hero moment”

Sick of it, Soward did something like it when the broncos beat us by a point in the 2011 semi and Widdop did a stupid last play vs grubs when they beat us in the semi in 2015 by a point.

Useless.

ouryears

Bench
He

Hes a million dollar man. We expect him to win us those tight games . What's Reynolds worth? I'd love to know
100%, he was brought to the club to make sure things like the last tackle option they took last night do not happen.

Bloody hopeless decision. Damn stupid.

Latest posts